Need a new blender

wron, Jun 25, 9:14am
My old one has died, and as it's the soup season I'm in the market for a good quality new one that's user friendly ie easy to detatch the glass part wi th handle from the base - some I've seen are a bit fiddly. I've just been to the library to check out Consumer reviews but there haven't been any in the last two years, just stick type ones.
Any recommendations? Breville, Sunbeam? Others?

andrea1978, Jun 25, 9:15am
I had a breville and a zip - both good :)

wron, Jun 25, 9:49am
I won't be getting a Zip after reading this! ! ! !
Check out Listing #: 298594918

nfh1, Jun 25, 9:56am
LOL - me neither!

wron, Jun 26, 12:34am
Bumping for weekend readers!

cookessentials, Jun 26, 1:11am
Kitchenaid for me.

wron, Jun 26, 2:13am
Kitchenaid look great ( one seller has lots of colours available) but I can't justify $400 - 545 for an appliance we only use occasionally, not like a processor. I have a friend with their mixer and the sausage making and mincer bits - they love it!
Thanks to those who replied.

cookessentials, Jun 26, 2:45am
Interesting that they are for sale on trademe and that member will get themselves into hot water with the distributor as we are not allowed to sell Kitchenaid appliance on Trademe which is part of our contract with the distributor - aside from that though, you would find that the blender will do about as much as a food processor - it chops, whisks, moulis etc... I use ours every day and i just love it.
I would not bother with something like Zip or Sunbeam, but I am sure there are a number of other good ones around.

milkath, Jun 26, 6:44am
I love my zip blender. It is wonderful. I have no problem with it. It is exactlylike the one in the auction 298594918. I have no idea what this person has problems with except that he or she must be uncoordinated and clumsy at best. And who leaves liquids in their blender for day s on end? must be a slob to boot.

bionic-grandma, Jun 26, 8:12am
briscoes have them for $28 this week

andrea1978, Sep 7, 7:47pm
lol my zip is a cheaper one than that, plastic, not glass etc but it works fine - never had a problem with it! had it for at least 2 years i'd say and i'm sure it was about $20 as it was also an ex faulty one that was fixed and resold at briscoes!