Anyone tried the Amasing Bullet blender?

jenniebee, May 18, 12:56am
Thinking of buying one on special. Is it any good? Can you make smoothies and baby food etc in it?

lilyfield, May 18, 1:11am
Magic Bullet ? Its great for baby food -small quantities- single servs- smoothies- pesto etc. etc.. use mine daily

alewis, May 18, 2:43am
where is it on special, I have one and love it, my daughter is going flatting and has requested one for her birthday so am on the lookout for a good price.

iriegirl, May 18, 3:45am
Hi there, hope I'm allowed to post this link where these are on special, its a very good deal!
http://www.1-day.co.nz/products/AAQADN021

jenniebee, May 18, 3:51am
They're also the same price at payless plastics at the moment. I would only use it for baby food and smoothies. Anyone know what the capacity is in mls? It just says the measurements of the cups in cm but how many mls does it hold?

lilyfield, May 18, 4:04am
250 mls- they arebit bigger , but you need room for expansion while whizzing.

And there is a smaller on as well. The juicer that comes with it does not work

zambesi2, May 18, 4:16am
Thanks for that info.I've always wanted one as well, but not at $199.00.I've just gone on line and ordered one.Yeha!!!!

alewis, May 18, 5:14am
Thanks I have also gone online and ordered in time for daughters birthday and flatting, she has requested one to take to her new flat - I use mine all the time, and son is always making a power milkshake and putting it in the fridge, I make a great pancake mix just the right amount for 3 teenagers and they love that as well.

zambesi2, May 18, 5:42am
Hope it comes with a recipe book???

gardie, May 18, 6:35am
I thought it was absolutely hopeless.Ended up donating it to the local hospice shop.Might be OK for a single flatter though.No good for family food prep.

rusticedge, May 20, 8:21am
one day sale have them today only for $29.95 plus postage be quick!!!
have got one & had it for a long time & they are amazing - can turn cold dry chicken into an amazing sandwich spread with a bit of onion & tomato - real quick!!!

angela137, May 20, 10:31am
Also good for making bread crumbs, garlic paste, homemade herbed salts, tonnes of things, but we have a small family and I would agree with an eariler post - that it may not be suitable for bigger families, although you can whip up a heap of cream in less than 10 seconds...no joke!

olwen, May 20, 10:47am
1 cc (cubic centimetre) is exactly the same as 1 ml (millilitre).It's the definition of the units.

fisher, May 20, 11:50am
I still have one but moved up to the Ninja as well... doesn't turn onions into mush and actually cuts up veges as it should because of the double blades...bigger units and much more family orientated.. and can make snow from ice cubes with minimun of fuss...
http://www.ninjakitchen.com/NinjaMasterPrep.shtml?tabID=detailsCont
I have 2 pitchers and 2 small units...

mowerman99, May 20, 11:29pm
I love mine and we use it almost every day. Whips cream in 10 seconds.

jed, May 22, 1:07am
Try whipping up cream with frozen berries and a little sweetener of choice.Nice easy dessert.Or use cottage cheese and frozen berries for a healthy option.Just like soft serve ice-cream.Very nice.

red45, May 22, 6:18am
I bought mine at Payless plastics in Hamilton $39.95 on sale comes with juicer, blender, 4 cups , large and small beakersrecipes etc.Great for mixing optifast and frothing up coffee with milk for my son.You can pulse with it as well

martine5, May 22, 7:39am
I've got a girlfriend who has been through several of them because they keep breaking.

question_chick_, May 23, 7:57am
I use mine for fruit smoothies, they are great and easy to clean. They also make great cold milo.
Awesome for making salsa and guacamole as well.

isis., May 23, 8:45am
REALLY good for crushig frozen berries and vodka together.

psy-trading, May 23, 10:24am
It would be great if they came with more lids. The juicer is useless.