Stick Blender

gildon, Jul 14, 10:47pm
What is the best brand to buy?Decided I definitely need one of these magical gadgets but want a really good one.Also is there such a thing as an electric grater?Am sick of getting bits of grated finger tip in my carrot cake!!

countrybumpkinz, Jul 14, 11:11pm
I got a cheap stick blender to see how much I would use it before spending more $14.99 Zone from local 4 square on special couple of weeks ago. Haven't used it yet.As for graters the only grater I own is a tiny one for lemon zest, I have banned all others from the house due to loss of finger tips and knuckles, bit of a pain but I use the food processor instead.

gildon, Jul 14, 11:30pm
No longer have a food processor countrybumpkinz.Did have one and it was the grater breaking down which really did for it in the end.I have a wonderful blender on my old Kenwood mixer and find that serves me well, but is a bit messy when doing large pot of soup etc.That's where I thought the stick blender would come in.

cjfincham1, Jul 16, 11:59am
I've had my stick blender (just a basic model) for years its fantastic. Theres a new gadget - tefal fresh express - grater thingy on living and giving website.

willow99, Jul 16, 12:07pm
I have a kenwood triblade with all the attachments.

I adore it!! Chopper handy for baking, whisk and tall container handy for baking, purées food instantly. Masher is average on it though. I am so happy with it overall though.

willow99, Jul 16, 12:09pm
Oh and it has an attachment especially for soups etc

wellygoggles, Jul 16, 7:16pm
We have a Kenwood Triblade too as it has a grunty motor 700kw and the components can be put in the dishwasher.Only made 2 lots of pumpkin soup so far with it, but it worked like a dream

raewyn64, Jul 16, 9:43pm
I have the tri blade also. Used it for some pumpkin soup and it came out very smooth. I love the masher on it

bunny51, Jul 16, 11:46pm
I have a cheap stick blender from the warehouse It works really wel andI use it a lot. (Didn't want an expensive one with lots of attachmnets as I have a big bleder with my food processor (And my cake mixer- I like appliances LOL) I just needed something to blend the soup without having to transfer it to the blender. It works wellbut It is plastic and hte bottom bit went out of shape with being put into the hot soup. NExt time I would try and find one with a stainless steel attachment. (It still works well despite it's unusual shape)

nzbadger, Jul 17, 1:19am
I have a SS Stick Blender & use it for all my soups & they come out smooth as. It is great for making Pasta suaces etc also as you do not need to push them through a moulee etc.
As for grating though for salads & carrot cakes etc I have the Tefal Fresh Express which saves on the knuckles & skin going in the cake.:-)

cookessentials, Jul 21, 9:27pm
1. Swiss Bamix ( one of the originals)
2. KitchenAid have them out now in red or white.

obsidianwings, Jul 21, 10:11pm
The triblade one does look good, I have a kambrook, its lasted me about 6 years so far and still going strong, it also rated well in the target blind trials.