! about fenugreek and idiot proof scones.

Page 2 / 2
davidt4, Sep 10, 10:54pm
You are very welcome and I'm glad the pilaff was a success.If you wanted to have meat in it you could also use thinly sliced lamb fillet or lamb backstrap, fried or barbecued very briefly so that it is still pink, thinly sliced and added to the pilaff just before serving.

davidt4, Sep 10, 10:58pm
It's all a bit self-contradictory isn't it.It seems most likely to me to have been contamination of the water rather than of the seeds.I had no idea such huge quantities were involved in the sprout industry.

uli, Sep 11, 12:26am
Oh yeah - it is a multi million business to be healthy LOL :)

cautis, Sep 11, 7:51am
Oh my goodness!So we made it tonight, I halved the recipe cos there are only four of us, and it still gave us enough for two meals, so have frozen half.

It is so yummy!I cooked up a chicken breast cos my boys will revolt if there is no meat, left out the fenugreek and just added 1/2 tsp of mustard, which I think can be left out too actually.I think next time I'll add some sliced capsicum for more colour.

Thanks so much Davidt4 for posting the recipe!

davidt4, Sep 11, 10:54pm
You are very welcome and I'm glad the pilaff was a success.If you wanted to have meat in it you could also use thinly sliced lamb fillet or lamb backstrap, fried or barbecued very briefly so that it is still pink, thinly sliced and added to the pilaff just before serving.

davidt4, Sep 11, 10:58pm
It's all a bit self-contradictory isn't it.It seems most likely to me to have been contamination of the water rather than of the seeds.I had no idea such huge quantities were involved in the sprout industry.