Best new Yogurt on the Market - BLISS

Page 1 / 2
leebee35, Sep 4, 1:01am
Just thought I would share this yummiest Yogurt. They have amazing flavours.Gluten free.Made in Christhurch.Though strangely I can only find this in my local Pack & Save.

If you see it -give it a go and you will find out how fab this is.I go out of my way to go and buy it. Yum Yum

coolthree, Sep 4, 1:03am
Is this the creamy one Designed by maybe a indian doctor.

katalin2, Sep 4, 1:32am
Love the Pineapple and Coconut flavoured one- Countdown don't have it- have asked if they were getting in, hope others will too. Merivale Fresh Choice stocks it. The Banana Caramel is nice too. Certainly yum!

coolthree, Sep 4, 1:40am
whats the brand and maker.

buzzy110, Sep 4, 1:57am
Bliss. Cyclops

coolthree, Sep 4, 2:51am
Oh thats not the one i was looking for, i'll do some more ferriting, about 10 years ago there was a guy that produced a Yoghurt, that had 100 times the benifit and life of factory stuff.

buzzy110, Sep 4, 3:56am
Good for you coolthree. Whilst that yoghurt is very delicious, the ingredients list puts it at the very edge of no longer being a yoghurt and more into the category of a dairy food.

Why not try making your own! I bought some real culture from a TM trader and I buy unpasteurised milk and cream and I make my own yoghurt using those three ingredients and the taste and texture just beats every natural yoghurt on the market. Naturally I cannot outdo the commercially produced sweetened, flavoured, gelatine, pectin and guar gum offerings that masquerade as yoghurt for sweetness but as mine has lots of fat in it, it is not sour either, just creamy and thick.

davidt4, Sep 4, 4:02am
I'd go further than that buzzy and say that Bliss is more of a pudding than a yoghurt.

I bought some plain full fat Clearwater yoghurt the other day and it was lovely - it has no thickeners or other gunk and is nice and mild, with a lovely delicate texture.

suzanna, Sep 4, 4:07am
I think you may be looking for Dr Ali's yoghurt. He lived in Christchurch and I used to buy his yoghurt but I havn't seen it anywhere for awhile now.

buzzy110, Sep 4, 4:11am
I used to buy Clearwater's all the time.

coolthree, Sep 4, 4:19am
Suzanna,YES thats the one.Bugga, i'd love to get back into it, had great health benifits.

suzanna, Sep 4, 4:24am
Some years ago Dr Ali did some computer repairs for me so I will ask the person who recommended him if she knows what has happened re his yoghurt. Actually I might ask the supermarket too. I'll keep you posted.

uli, Sep 4, 5:37am
Bliss is made by cyclops.
Most original cyclops yoghurts are organic - Bliss is the junk version. Lots of sugar in it too. That is why it tastes so good :)

coolthree, Sep 4, 5:41am
Cheers suzanna, much apprieated, he had som pretty good stats for his yoghurt, like super stats, i emailed him 10 years back, he had a supplier here in Aucks, i was still farming in waikato then, yes please keep in touch, you'll always find me in the eels thread in farming, wee old buggas have a natta and wind each other up.

frances1266, Sep 4, 7:32pm
Dr Ali's yoghurt is still available in Christchurch.

cookessentials, Sep 4, 9:49pm
Here you are leebee.We have had it a cpouple of times, although, I still prefer the Piako or better still the Maleny Yoghurt.

http://www.blissyoghurt.com/

katalin2, Sep 5, 12:33am
We love the Coconut and Pineapple one as an accompaniment to cakes and desserts- to me it is to be used as an occasional treat so it really does not bother me that some people see it as "junk" . There are a lot worse things you could be having with your cake.

bedazzledjewels, Sep 5, 12:39am
DT4 - I've wondered what Clearwater was like. Thanks for the comment. I'll get some in summer.

davidt4, Sep 5, 12:52am
That's not really the point I was trying to make.I think it's a shame that yoghurt, which was originally a simple and healthy way of preserving milk, has been appropriated by the food manufacturers and turned into a such a complicated sweetened confection that people like me, Dazz and Buzzy have to search high and low for a natural version (or make our own).

katalin2, Sep 5, 2:42am
I also buy Cyclops and Clearwater from the supermarket or from the organic store when I am in the area. Also make my own- in fact one of my childhood memories is of my mum regularly making youghurt by using a little from the previous batch- the jar would be sitting on the kitchen window sill in the sun with a cloth covering the top. Quite often she would strain it when made to get the lovely creamy soft cheese. So I use the plain unsweetened yoghurt for everyday use- and the Bliss for a treat.

cookessentials, Sep 5, 2:46am
If leebee enjoys it, then that is all we need worry about. Whether one chooses to eat it or not or thinks it is "junk" is beside the point. Hope the link helps leebee.

buzzy110, Sep 5, 3:26am
Interesting response. You are using it exactly as we would have expected and NOT as a yoghurt which is what it is sold as. Yoghurt really isn't a treat food. There are whole civilisations in Europe that eat yoghurt daily and certainly do not save it as treat food. That is because what they are eating is actually yoghurt and not something else.

I agree that Bliss is very nice, but it is not really a yoghurt same as chocolate dairy food, still being sold in the yoghurt section of every shop, is not yoghurt.

uli, Sep 5, 4:19am
That is right katalin2 - as you will be having cake and sweetened yoghurt together - it is a real "treat" to be enjoyed once a month maybe (".as part of a healthy diet ." - an expression which I found the other day on a bar of chocolate!).

buzzy110, Sep 5, 4:44am
Cake and a sweet dairy food with additives to make it stay solid - yes. I can see that they would definitely be part of a healthy diet as recommended by all of our health watchdogs - Heart and Diabetes Foundations in particular and I'm sure that there is a place for chocolate in a 'healthy' diet as well.

For my part, I don't kid myself. I know when I choose to eat these sorts of foods that I definitely am not even coming close to healthy eating and that is what is so wonderful - a naughty indulgence with no suggestion that I am partaking in anything healthy. Where is the fun in thinking I was being healthy!

katalin2, Sep 5, 7:01am
Hmmm. original poster makes a positive statement about a new product she found that she would like others to know about. Suddenly the food police are out in force yet again. Agreed with buzzy, we are all perfectly capable of working out that it is not as healthy as plain youghurt- but it is indulgent to have something special occasionally as a treat. The price of the Bliss youghurt would ensure people don't eat it by the bucketful.