EasiYo yogurt makers ... did you ever tried?

Page 1 / 2
flashdaz, Aug 1, 7:35am
If you did try please let me know your experience. Would like to have one but first I want to know what others think about. Many thanks!

nauru, Aug 1, 7:55am
I've had one for many years and use mine all the time, wouldn't be without it. I've tried most of the flavours but I prefer to make Hansells Classic Greek yoghurt, works the same as Easiyo.

morrello1, Aug 1, 8:04am
I've used one to make my yoghurt for years & I have yoghurt on muesli for breakfast most days. I just use the 'skimmers' mix.

nzbadger, Aug 1, 8:05am
Same here. Easy as! Prefer the Greek also

gr8stuf4me, Aug 1, 9:01am
Yip, had one for yonks - love it.

elliehen, Aug 1, 9:05am
Was given a secondhand one from an op shop - cost $5. 00... . Used all the time and saves money.

chooky, Aug 1, 12:08pm
Was given one, about 10 yrs ago, got a 2nd one at an opp shop so can make one up before the 1st one is finished. The men in my family love it every morning with their wheatbix. Its actually one of the things in my kitchen that wasnt a one day wonder! ! ! . Lol.

pamellie, Aug 1, 7:36pm
Me too!

dbab, Aug 2, 2:38am
Great for making a plain yoghurt, and then adding your own flavouring or fruit.

waswoods, Aug 2, 6:26am
I have two and four containers - use them all the time

lindylambchops1, Aug 3, 4:52am
The Esiyo has been one of the best kitchen accessories I have ever purchased which doesn't require electricity! It is very easy to use. I buy both Esiyo & Hansell's sachets. Both are excellent. I make my yogurt all the time. You just can not go wrong with it! Happy Yogging!

michelle_09, Aug 3, 6:34am
Easiyo is the best thing ever! I have yoghurt all the time! So many flavours you can purchase now. I love to add pureed fruit and swirl it through when I pack a container for morning tea... nom nom

greerg, Aug 3, 7:01am
Me too - have the low fat Greek every morning and have for years. So old that the top edge is shredding.

elliehen, Aug 3, 7:07am
This and my rice cooker are both in that category.

eastie3, Aug 3, 9:29am
I bought mine for $1. 50 here on TM and use it constantly. I always have two in the fridge, usually a Greek or skim, and a fruit flavour, and buy both brands, although I prefer Easiyo for texture.

nzhel, Aug 3, 12:03pm
Used one for years and have recently updated mine. Have given them for gifts too. I love mine and make up yoghurt all the time.

gardie, Aug 3, 6:37pm
You can also make your own yoghurt by keeping a tablespoon or so of youghurt from the previous batch. I just use milk powder(whole or skim to make up one litre) , half fill the jar with water and shake it all up well then add the yoghurt and shake againFill with water and pop into the easiyo maker. Every now and then you need to start with a new batch of yoghurt.

Like wise, I have used half a packet of the Easiyo/Hansell mix and 500ml worth of milk powder in the jar. Very successful. Makes one packet go twice as far.

amazing_grace, Aug 3, 10:42pm
I used to use mine using the packet mixes and found it no cheaper per litre of yoghurt than buying it on special at the Supermarket. Also, despite carefully following the instructions every time, every now and then it wont work (not setting), ... . so gave up as it wasnt consistent enough and not cheap enough

poce, Aug 3, 11:10pm
Its great!

nauru, Aug 4, 11:33pm
When using ready made yogurt as your starter, how much milk powder do you use and do you use milk or water to make up to 1L, TIA

veejay13, Aug 4, 11:44pm
Me too! Had an Esiyo for years then realised I was paying more and more for the packets and that the supermarket special was actually working out cheaper.

nfh1, Aug 5, 2:10am
Yes so disappointing when you get up and have a container full of liquid where you expect to have lovely thick yoghurt.

pamellie, Aug 5, 2:50am
It pays to checkprices but we make the greek one and that's much more expensive to buy than the normal fruit flavoured ones.

newf27, Aug 5, 4:01am
I use thenatural all the time for adding to my dressings for potato salads and slaws, to curry, and for my sour dough bread I make every day in the breadmaker. . Yoghurt makes amuch lighter loaf.

imn, Aug 5, 4:19am
yep. we have an esiyo. although use the hansells vanilla flavour as thats the one my son likes. says the esiyo one isnt sweet enough. i make beginning of each week and the bottle lasts the week.