EasiYo yogurt makers ... did you ever tried?

Page 2 / 2
imn, Aug 5, 4:21am
that used to happen here. after talking with them on the phone, i now put the esiyo in the hotwater cupboard overnight. its set all good in the morning.

gardie, Aug 5, 9:14am
Its a 1 litre jar so you need to use enough milk powder to make up 1 litre of milk. You top it up with water. I use 100 grams of skim milk powder and fill up the jar. if using whole milk powder you need more a the ratio is 1 part milk powder to 4 part water (5 parts for skim).

I use the same quantity whether making up my own using some from a previous batch or whether using 1/2 packet mix. Hope that makes sense.

morticia, Aug 5, 9:19am
You won't save much at all using the sachets, but you'll save heaps making it from scratch for the same amount of time and effort. The sachets are only glorified milk powder anyway, if you read the label. From "free range cows", even lol

elliehen, Aug 5, 11:58am
Just inside a kitchen cupboard, preferably near the warmth of the sink or the dishwasher seems to be enough.

nauru, Aug 6, 8:13am
Thanks , will give it a go

milig, Jan 6, 11:11pm
You can just use normal milk, no need for milk powder. I always save some yoghurt from the previosu batch. Then i boil n cool a litre of milk. This step is important as boiling makes the yoghurt set for some reason. Also you need enough yoghurtleftover. Like for a big container of the easiyo, i normally use atleast 100ml of yoghurt. But you have to keep trying to get the right amount of leftover yoghurt that works for you. The sachets are quite expensive. This way its really cheap. But you won't get any flavours. Also, the container should not be movedafter setting and give atleast 5-6 hrs to set (depending on weather, longer on cold days). The water should be boiling hot. Not warm or lukewarm. I've used mine for 4 years plus now, n apart from initial hiccup, it works just great.