Yogurt, I'm nearly out and wanting to

charlieb2, Aug 9, 2:12am
make the yumo coffee cake recipe which needs one cup. I'd say I've got about 1/2CIs there anything I can add to the yogurt to increase the quantity without detracting from the recipe?

Sounds a bit gobbledeegook... hope you 'get' what I mean! lol

winnie231, Aug 9, 2:15am
Sour cream? Or even reg cream ... and as last choice milk - this would make the yogurt runnier though so you might not need a whole cup.

charlieb2, Aug 9, 2:16am
ohhh yep, got sour cream... shall I just mix them both together to 1C, winnie?

winnie231, Aug 9, 2:19am
Yes charlieb ... won't effect your cake at all!
There are many cake recipes out there which are identical apart from some using yogurt & others using sour cream.
A mix of both will be fine.

charlieb2, Aug 9, 2:21am
You are a star winnie... Is this your coffee cake recipe? I seem to recall you were 'around' when I got it. . lol

winnie231, Aug 9, 2:26am
You're welcome charlieb!
Not sure if it's one of mine ... I've posted alot of recipes here over the years lol
Post a link to the thread here ... as I'm sure someone will ask for it before the days out! ! !

juliewn, Aug 9, 3:55am
Yes please Ladies :-) lol. .

winnie231, Aug 9, 4:26am
Hi Shirley ... and thanks for the link!
It's not one of my recipes but sure sounds good! ! !
How are you? Hope you're coping with this damp Chch winter ... I guess you're more acclimatised than me but Mum & her friends all say it's been alot damper this year. Bring on spring I say :)
You're another Cantab I'd love to meet in person some day ... Rae.

charlieb2, Aug 9, 5:25am
Yes, thats the recipe... . not sure how I came across it now! ! ! ! Might have been a lemon yogurt cake from you winnie? ? ? Does that sound familiar?

Well, its done and cooked in record time (not sure why! )maybe the sour cream made a difference. Just got to ice it now, but the menfolk have invaded my kitchen to organise the fish for dinner! ! ! !

We've done Coffee Cake, peanut butter cookies and good old Idiot proof scones... . thank goodness the kids will have something interesting in their lunches tomorrow.

winnie231, Aug 9, 7:05am
Hmmm - charlieb - I have vague memories about a yogurt cakes thread at some stage ... and yes I have posted a lemon yogurt cake several times ... gotten lazy since though ... Pam's (cookessentials) cake is very similar to mine and I find it much easier to repost her recipe lol :)
Glad to hear the coffee cake is baked & looking good! I would have felt shame in meeting you if my advice had gone astray! ! !
You have lucky kids! ! ! Apparently miss 13 is missing home baking already! ! ! Dad makes great pizza but hasn't attempted a cake or biscuits yet! A learning curve for both of them! ! !

charlieb2, Aug 9, 7:31am
Awww.. . I've been a bit of a slack mumma lately and the home baking has been on the agenda for sometime, but not getting done. I had Master 8 home sick today, so didnt have to dash him out to Basketball after school... so SEIZED the opportunity to bake for them. They've all had a slice for dessert. Well, the kids had a slice, Mr's 'slice' was a little 'healthier' than the kids one I noticed! ! ! last time I let him help himself! ! ! lol

winnie231, Jan 9, 5:41pm
lol charlieb! ! !
Man-sized 'healthyness'! ! !
I'm feeling very lucky - I LOVE my mum's Louise Slice ... so she baked for me before she went on holiday ... never too old - lol! ! !