WTH can I not get my pavlova to work???????

Page 2 / 2
bev00, Jun 11, 12:06pm
greattips for no-fail pav

cookessentials, Jun 11, 7:08pm
I make mine in a springform tin

korbo, Jun 12, 1:08am
poster #11.check out my recipe on lefthand side, for my bread recipe. many others have had great sucess. make sure you stir your yeast before putting it in. i have never had it sink tho. i just do a med crust and no.1.basic. have another go.

245sam, Jun 12, 3:05am
IMO there are two very important tips for pavlova making - one has been stated several times above (never open the oven door until the oven is cold), the other point has also been mentioned too, particularly at#8 - the beating in of the sugar, and the best way I know of to check for this is to take a tiny amount of the pavlova mixture and rub it between your thumb and forefinger - if it feels silky smooth with absolutely no hint of graininess, then the sugar has dissolved and your mixture should be beaten sufficiently - it should be a very thick mixture.

Hope those few thoughts help.:-))

cookessentials, Jun 12, 3:25am
I always use caster sugar, it incorporates quickly.

petal89, Jun 12, 3:37am
dont open or bump the oven when its in there was my mum used to tell us hers were always brilliant and so yummmmy

mysticpoynt, Jun 12, 5:44am
I use Simon Holst's recipe and it never failed me. It can be found at http://www.holst.co.nz/Recipes

guest, Jan 11, 5:15am
This forum needed shnikag up and you've just done that. Great post!

guest, Jan 13, 12:47pm
frosting which was an epic fail, the cupcakes tuernd out to be scrumptious! I got the recipe from Simone Anne's Blog; she has some great things on there so be sure to check it out! #gallery-1 { margin: auto; }

guest, Jan 14, 7:42pm
oh yes, these definitely brehgtin up my day!PS. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I so enjoyed watching Cranford. I didn't realized there were two seasons so I only borrowed one DVD at the library. I'm dying to see the rest, it was so good.