I need the ultimate no-fail Pavlova recipe please!

wasala, Jan 31, 4:48am
I'm just about to christen the Kenwood mixer my husband gave me for Christmas but amazingly, I've never made a pav before. I need the perfect recipe and any hints or tips. The eggs are already out getting to room temperature!

theanimal1, Jan 31, 4:59am
x2
1tsp vinegar, 2tsp cornflour. Preheat oven to 110c. In a latge bowl (not plastic) beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar a tsp at a time. Mixture should be getting glossy, thick & shiny with each addition & process should take approx 10 mins. Beat in vanilla, vinegar & cornflour. Spoon mixture on baking-paper. Bake 1&1/2hrs until dry, crisp & lifts easily off the paper. Cool on a wire rack.

OR THIS

5 egg whites
1 1/4 cups of caster sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons of white vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons of cornflour
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 120 degrees celsius
Beat egg whites until stiff
Add caster sugar slowly, then salt
Beat for a further 5 mins until stiff.
Beat in vanilla and vinegar, then fold in cornflour
spoon mixture onto baking paper covered tray, 20cm circle, pile high
bake for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours and let cool in the oven with the door ajar

choc pav...

6 egg white, room temp
1 1/2 cups Caster Sugar
2 Tbsp Baking Cocoa, sifted
1 tsp white vinegar
40g dark chocolate, grated
500ml cream
seasonal berries

1. Preheat oven to 120 conventional oven. Draw a 22cm cirle on baking paper and place on oven tray

2. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add castor sugar a tablesppn at a time until meringue is stiff and shiny. This will take about 12mins

3. Add cocoa, vinegar and chocolate and lightly fold in with a metal spoon or spatula. Spoon meringue onto baking paper to for a 22cm circle and bake for 1 1/4hours. Turn off oven and allow to cool with oven door slightly ajar. Place on flat serving platter. Beat cream until it forms soft peaks. Spread over pavlova and top with berries

shelley39, Jul 22, 8:14am
Put all together in the bowl:

4 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp vinegar
1 and half cups of sugar (castor is better) but you can use ordinary sugar, just add 3 Tablespoos of boiling water.
Mix all in the bowl. Put on baking paper and put into hot oven. Leave 1 minute and turn oven off. Leave in till oven cooks. (about 3 hours)