Left over roast pork.....

Page 2 / 2
bubbleofbarb, May 28, 10:42am
I sometimes use leftovers to put in a stuffed potato.works really well

kylie_m, May 28, 10:57am
Mince it up and make meatballs. We've done this a few times.

kuaka, May 28, 11:07am
okay - suspect that's half the problem, and it will be more noticeable once the meat has cooled.It's not difficult to do it the correct way, and it does make a difference.

pauloz, May 28, 11:14am
Left over roast pork is tough and belongs in the bin.

kuaka, May 28, 11:24am
pauloz - left over roast pork is only tough if it was tough when first roasted and served hot.If it's tender when you first serve it, it is tender when it's left over.

beaker59, May 28, 11:45am
mmmmmmmmm cold roast pork is the best food it tends to set with its juices and becomes so easy to carve into thin slices so nice with a salad or I have had it a few times with a Cambodian cabbage dish like a coleslaw but with rice vinegar(a good friend makes it for me so sorry can't help with recipe) even the thick fat bits become this gorgeous firm gel.

pauloz, May 28, 11:24pm
Not my experience.Everytime we have a roast Pork, its great but always tough the next day.You must have a better fridge or something.

kuaka, May 29, 12:43am
pauloz - maybe it depends on how you store it in the fridge.Do you put it in there while it's still hot, or leave it to cool.Do you cover it with gladwrap or just leave it on a plate!I leave mine to cool, then put on a clean plate and cover with gladwrap.I must admit I don't cook pork very often, but when I do it's always lovely and tender, and still tender next day.We usually have cold pork sandwiches for lunch, and then either battered and deep fried pork "chunks" with s/sour sauce or I mince it and make pork balls with s/sour sauce.

kuaka, May 29, 8:19am
Could also be the way you carve it, if you don't carve across the grain, you will toughen the meat.

pauloz, May 29, 9:33am
No way.my wife is the best cook ever.everyone says so.

pauloz, May 29, 9:35am
That could be it.I cant carve to save myself.every time we have paople over, I dont even get asked to carve it.

kuaka, May 29, 11:07am
okay - suspect that's half the problem, and it will be more noticeable once the meat has cooled.It's not difficult to do it the correct way, and it does make a difference.

beaker59, May 29, 11:45am
mmmmmmmmm cold roast pork is the best food it tends to set with its juices and becomes so easy to carve into thin slices so nice with a salad or I have had it a few times with a Cambodian cabbage dish like a coleslaw but with rice vinegar(a good friend makes it for me so sorry can't help with recipe) even the thick fat bits become this gorgeous firm gel.