Left over roast pork.....

Page 1 / 2
waldo15, May 27, 2:26am
Any ideas on something different to do with left over roast pork?Have done the fried rice thing so any help would be great.Must get a smaller roast next time lol

bbq-bro, May 27, 2:27am
curry?

lindylambchops1, May 27, 4:00am
Cold roast pork sandwiches for supper yum!

lythande1, May 27, 7:35am
Cold with salad and relishes the next day.

2bakerz, May 27, 8:07am
Just love those cold pork and relish sammies - hubby warms his slices in m/wave and has hot pork on bread.Have often frozen some sliced left-over roast meats and they are quite ok for sandwiches.

kuaka, May 27, 9:29am
Cut into chunky cubes and dip in batter and deep fry, serve with sweet and sour sauce, rice and stir fried veg.

cruz_n, May 27, 9:33am
Pie

theanimal1, May 27, 9:38am
x1
You could turn it into a pork cottage pie, add vegetables, a gravy, creamed potato on top with a sprinkle of cheese and some paprika or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, and bake tip piping hot and cheese has turned golden and slightly crisp xxx

otterhound, May 27, 9:47am
Slice into a casserole dish, add sliced onions and "made up" Bisto or similar gravy.Cover and cook in the oven til piping hot.Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables of your choice.=)

jenner4, May 27, 10:13am
heavens reading this is making me hungry again , Roast pork this Sunday , cold with salad on Monday , would eat it for breakfast as well , roast pork and pineapple relish , love roast pork

bubbleofbarb, May 27, 10:42am
I sometimes use leftovers to put in a stuffed potato...works really well

kylie_m, May 27, 10:57am
Mince it up and make meatballs. We've done this a few times.

pauloz, May 27, 11:14am
Left over roast pork is tough and belongs in the bin....

kuaka, May 27, 11:24am
pauloz - left over roast pork is only tough if it was tough when first roasted and served hot.If it's tender when you first serve it, it is tender when it's left over.

mackenzie2, May 27, 10:07pm
I always make a potato top pie with my left overs it is lovely, I cheat and us the instant pork gravy with it, and lots pulse meat in the food processor, then cover with fluffy mashed potato and grated cheese

pauloz, May 27, 11:24pm
Not my experience....Everytime we have a roast Pork, its great but always tough the next day.

eljayv, May 27, 11:41pm
Cut into cubes roll in cornflour and fry then make sweet and sour sauce here is a simple recipe
3 tbs sugar
3 " water
3 " vinegar
2 " tomato sauce
1 " soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
salt and pepper
Mix together and bring to boil stirring continuously until thickened and clear.

kuaka, May 28, 12:43am
x1
pauloz - maybe it depends on how you store it in the fridge.Do you put it in there while it's still hot, or leave it to cool.Do you cover it with gladwrap or just leave it on a plate?I leave mine to cool, then put on a clean plate and cover with gladwrap.I must admit I don't cook pork very often, but when I do it's always lovely and tender, and still tender next day.We usually have cold pork sandwiches for lunch, and then either battered and deep fried pork "chunks" with s/sour sauce or I mince it and make pork balls with s/sour sauce.

waldo15, May 28, 2:26am
Any ideas on something different to do with left over roast pork!Have done the fried rice thing so any help would be great.Must get a smaller roast next time lol

bbq-bro, May 28, 2:27am
curry!

fogs, May 28, 6:01am
Make into rissoles with onions and breadcrumbs then cook with oven chips and baked beans

jenner4, May 28, 7:54am
Got to be the way you cook it

kuaka, May 28, 8:19am
Could also be the way you carve it, if you don't carve across the grain, you will toughen the meat.

pauloz, May 28, 9:33am
No way....my wife is the best cook ever....everyone says so...

pauloz, May 28, 9:35am
That could be it...I cant carve to save myself...every time we have paople over, I dont even get asked to carve it.