Breadmakers - which stood above the rest?

florence14, May 10, 10:10pm
Anyone get Consumer magazine? The latest test on breadmakers apparently highlighted one above all the rest. Which one?

lilyfield, May 10, 11:18pm
Panasonic

greerg, May 11, 7:38am
The Consumer recommendation:
The Panasonic SD-257 topped our test. It produced an almost-perfect loaf when we followed the manufacturer’s recipe and instructions. The loaf made from pre-mix didn’t rate quite as highly but was still good.

Panasonic has long been the “gold standard” for breadmakers. It’s back on the market after an absence of several years.

But unless you can find a retailer with a Panasonic in stock, you may have to wait to get hold of one. Panasonic is out of stock until a further shipment arrives in late August.

If you don’t want to wait for a Panasonic, the Sunbeam Quantum SmartBake BM7800, Breville Ikon Bakers Oven BBM600, and Sunbeam Bakehouse BM3500S are “worth considering”.

These three produced very good results from the manufacturer’s recipe and instructions. The Sunbeams didn’t do so well on the premix but the Breville achieved a very good result.

shiyo, May 11, 9:49am
brought the panasonic today at harvey normans $259 on special , cant wait to use it last on eI had for 25 years.

florence14, May 11, 10:24am
Thank you. Thank you. Well done peeps.

pickles7, May 11, 9:23pm
I have had a Panasonic for fifteen years now, it has never glitched once. I use it twice a week. I never wash the pan, never take the paddle out, just wipe it out with a dry cloth.

florence14, May 11, 10:10pm
Anyone get Consumer magazine! The latest test on breadmakers apparently highlighted one above all the rest. Which one!

shiyo, May 12, 9:49am
brought the panasonic today at harvey normans $259 on special , cant wait to use it last one I had for 25 years.