Breville breadmakers

patsy06, Sep 25, 1:05am
Thinking about buying one, but wonder why there are so many Brevilles for sale. Are there problems with that brand?

quickenden1, Sep 25, 1:53am
Personally I think breadmakers are one of those appliances you buy and then if you use them its a few times then they sit in the cupboard gathering dust. Reason for so many Brevilles is probably cause they are always on sale at Briscoes. :0)

I know I got one (impulse buy) used it a bit nobody liked the bread so sold it. My sister got one and makes bread religiously with it and has for years.

lisapisa2, Sep 25, 2:47am
x1
I love my Breville Breadmaker. Have had it for years now. Mainly use it for pizza dough, Bread rolls & Foccacia bread etc and use it a few times every week.

kiwibubbles, Sep 25, 3:36am
I have one and its great. I use it mainly to make dough such as pizza dough, foccacia etc, and then cook it in the oven.

marlin9, Sep 25, 3:41am
I had a Cascade one and after over 12 years it finally died and now we have a Panasonic and it is absolutley fantastic.

grandma, Sep 25, 5:00am
I love my Breville Breadmaker too - make 2 - 3 loaves a week.Once I got the New Zealand recipe book, I have never looked back.

lilyfield, Sep 26, 1:55am
I love mine too, have not bought any bread in years.

sgrants, Sep 26, 3:27am
yeah loved and used mine religiously for a couple of years until it got broken, Hmm I should get another one!

letitia, Sep 26, 3:39am
We have a Tefal breadmaker which I got through FlyBuys.We haven't bought bread since we got it in May.

niall, Sep 30, 5:55pm
i have tried the tefal, didn't like it, now have a new panasonic, just love it, wouldn't go with any other brand now.

gingeralenz, Sep 30, 6:05pm
The new panasonic is pretty good if you can afford one at close to $300. With supermarket bread being $5 per loaf wont take long to make it pay for itself!

filmstar2, Sep 30, 8:55pm
Grandma, what is the recipe you use?

grandma, Sep 30, 9:59pm
My favourite is French Bread - 1 cup plus 2 tbs tepid water, 3 cups High Grade flour, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar, 3 tsp Sure Bake Yeast (Red Cap. Put into warmed pan in that order. Setting: French, Crust (I use medium which takes 3 hours 33 mins.I leave the cooked bread in the pan for 5 - 10 mins before shaking out.Do you want the basic one too?This is from the NZ recipe book that they sent me when requested as the one that came with the machine (some years ago now) was for Australian users.

donnabeth, Sep 30, 11:49pm
I love my Breville, especially the 'extra rise' function, which extend the preparation time but makes a higher lighter loaf. Now that the kids have left home I mostly use it for dough and make 2 loaves in the oven. I make either 2 wholemeal loaves together, or I make one fruit bread and the other remains plain or I add a cheesy topping. Once you start to experiment bought bread never tastes the same again.

angelmobility, Oct 1, 3:57am
Yes Please,I'll take all the recipies I can get

angelmobility, Oct 1, 4:00am
Sorry for the confusion, I am now using my Hubby's laptop

chaw1984, Oct 1, 5:35am
I use my every other day. But I'm gluten intolerant and don't like the store bought GF Bread.

grandma, Oct 1, 6:58am
Here's the basic one - 1 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons tepid water, 3 cups High Grade Flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 Tablespoon, light olive oil. 1 Tablespoon, skim milk powder (I have used skim and sometimes whole milk and haven’t been able to tell the difference.) 3 teaspoons Sure Bake Yeast (red cap). Put in warmed pan in that order and follow machine directions.

grandma, Oct 1, 6:59am
Pizza Dough - 1 cup tepid water, 3 cups High Grade Flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 TBSP light olive oil, 3 tsp Sure Bake Yeast (red cap).

stormbaby, Oct 1, 10:26am
Another vote here for Breville. I think its the most popular and reliable brand on the market.I have had two others that "died" and my Breville has gone on for years. I use it every week, mainly for rolls and pizza dough, but occasionally I chuck the Oliballen (Dutch apple fritter) dough in there as I can't be bothered mixing and rising it!I freeze a lot of doughs as well, so you can make things like Pizza quickly, as the dough defrosts very quickly on the bench and its a quick meal on a busy night.

peter148, Oct 1, 4:04pm
Brevilles are popular because they are cheap, but the baking pan is thin and loses its non-stick coating easily.The main problem they have is the bearing at the base fails, and starts leaking.I havent been able to fix this problem and ended up buying another Breville just for the pan and folding stirrer blade.

If you have a chance then get the Panasonic, it looks a lot more durable.

filmstar2, May 3, 10:41pm
Thanks again