Breadmakers do you have one ?

catiez, Sep 15, 2:38am
I'm thinking of buying a breadmaker they range hugely in price .
What type have you got and are you happy with it ?

caro25, Sep 15, 3:42am
George foreman and i love it only thing i have found is it comes with Ozzy recipes and they have a little more ingredients added i use nz recipes in it and they are perfect

cybertech, Sep 15, 5:09am
we have one we brought it 7 years ago and its a sunbeam bakehouse harvey norman sell them and its the big loaf 1.5kg, we use ours heaps and its still going strong, you can make all sorts of things in it too

bunny51, Sep 15, 5:12am
I have a sunbeam quantum and have some dough for fruit bread rising in it at the moment.hape it and bake in the oven though as I prefer it baked in the ovenrather than baked in the bread maker.

lizab, Sep 15, 6:44am
Me too Bunny. I never bake bread in my breadmaker - I always make dough and shape before baking in the oven. I found the sizes of the loaves always fluctuated and I hated the hole in the bottom of the bread too!

nzbadger, Sep 15, 8:47am
After making the Jo Seagar Beer bread mentioned in another thread recently, I don't think I will use my breadmaker again!
Yummy & so easy. No kneading or rising & all sorts of different flavours can be made.
http://joseagar.com/recipes/category:baking-and-treats/beer-bread/

landylass, Sep 15, 9:12am
Ive had a panasonic for years.My m-i-l got one at the same time and after baking bread every day for the last 12-14 years, hers has just given up the ghost.Checkout consumer also, as I think they did tests on them recently.

jorja5, Sep 15, 9:18am
HiI have a Sunbeam Bakehouse too - have had it for 5 years and it is great.Still use it for both bread and dough.The kids like to make little buns from the dough and we put a small cube of cheese inside each one and they are delicious.

cgvl, Sep 16, 10:16am
I have a panasonic also, as does the mil. she uses her constantly me rather less.
Panasonic ones have just started to be imported again into NZ.
My advice is to look around and compare the different ones. Some just do bread and bread goods others you can make jam etc in. It really depends on what you want to use yours for mainly.

elfim, Sep 17, 12:31am
Has anyone used a sliicone loaf container in the microwave for a quick bread loaf and how did it turn out?Thanks

niall, Sep 19, 5:13am
most definitely the panasonic, have tried tefal, (not happy with it), love the panasonic

matt-wgtn, Sep 19, 7:27am
Double thumbs up for panasonic. Parents have one as well. Fantastic recipes. Have never had a dud loaf. Like the fact it has a quick loaf option for when you are in a hurry.

evorotorua, Sep 19, 8:08am
I have had three Panasonics over 16 years. They are fantastic. I use mine all the time (often three/four times a week) but I put double the ingredients into it and then put it onto the 'Dough' setting. Once that's done, I take out the dough and split it between two bread pans and let them rise a second time, then bake in the oven. Hence going through three machines and also would explain why I use a heavy duty machine. They get a real working out with double quantity!

oldbaldgoat, Sep 19, 8:21am
I bought a Sunbeam Bakehouse years ago but returned it because it was so noisy and krept across the bench when in use!Probably just a one off dud...anyway I exchanged it for a Panasonic and it's been brilliant...still going strong :o)

creeky1, Sep 19, 9:56am
panasonic, using it every 2 - 3 days, 3 sizes of loaf and 3 crust color choices. quiet as. I did a lot of research online before i bought it.

porsh_a, Sep 19, 10:06am
I have a Tefal Breadmaker ... and have found it fantastic.Have not had a failure in it yet.I always get lots of compliments from others on how yummy the bread is - and I've tried different variations.

twelve12, Apr 5, 11:41am
I got the Breville one on sale.Its amazing.
I would recommend getting one from a store if you want new, just for warranty's sake.Most companies are REALLY anal about returns, so read the pamphlet very carefully.