Breadmakers: Tefal or Breville?

michelle313, Jan 24, 1:46am
I am about to cash in my flybuys for a new breadmaker.They offer two the Tefal and the Breville.What do you think is the better breadmaker?If you have either one can you tell me some pros and cons?I've been reading all afternoon on the web, but would like some other opinions before I cash in my flybuys points.Cheers!

lilyfield, Jan 24, 2:33am
I have a Breville, have made 65 loafs so far( I count them). every one of them perfect. No complaints here.

michelle313, Jan 24, 2:35am
Is it noisy at all lilyfield?

antoniab, Jan 24, 3:56am
I have a Breville too - its good, is a little noisy though but mines 10+ years old :)

lilyfield, Jan 24, 4:46am
not noisy

harrislucinda, Jan 24, 4:55am
brevilleherehavenotcomparednoisesocantsay

peter148, Feb 25, 2:59pm
We got a breville on flybuys, several years ago, the odel with the hinged stirring blade that folds down.My ex used it once or twice a day.The bowl wore out in less than a year, and I had to keep buy new bowls or cheap breadmakers just to get a replacement bowl.

The bearing at the base of the unit is what fails, and the bowl will start to leak black gunk into the cooker.

One way to slow this from happening is to never immerse the bowl in water, particularly when the unit is hot.The non-stick coating is easily damaged so dont use metal objects to prise the loaf from the bowl.Oil the sides of the bowl after use, and when you add the water to make a loaf I always add the oil at this stage so it gets to slosh against the walls of the bowl.

Other than that it's a great machine, with excellent results.