What is the best airtight storage? I have some

egree, May 8, 12:53am
clickit plastic containters, the ones they sell in the supermarkets but noticed weavils under the inside of the lid rims, think the moths were getting in.

buzzy110, May 8, 1:12am
What have you stored in your containers?

Actually, it is entirely possible that the weevil eggs were in the products you put into your containers and they hatched and are now trying to escape, and they did not get there from the outside.

Certain products, like flours, split peas, barley, etc, should be stored in the deepfreeze.

lindylambchops1, May 8, 1:29am
Bay leaves are good in deterring bugs in the pantry.Place dried leaves on shelves.

deb1110, May 8, 9:34pm
Tupperware is definitely the way - lifetime guarantee too. Loose seals will be replaced.

nfh1, May 8, 9:37pm
I use Klik Klak, thankfully have never had weevils.

cookessentials, May 8, 11:27pm
I use glass preserving jars with the rubber ring and clip top.

buzzy110, May 9, 1:12am
What have you stored in your containers!

Actually, it is entirely possible that the weevil eggs were in the products you put into your containers and they hatched and are now trying to escape, and they did not get there from the outside.

Certain products, like flours, split peas, barley, etc, should be stored in the deepfreeze.

djpablonz, May 9, 8:42pm
I use the Sistema Klipit bakery range. I find these the best to use. I too had the issue with pantry moth. I had to throw out everything, scrub and spray the pantry and kitchen with No Bugs Super (the concentrate). Finally got rid of them. I check all items that I purchase from the supermarket now, look under all edges and around all seals. I am also changing to buying in bulk - less packaging & $$$$ and you can see what you get.

pickles7, May 9, 9:31pm
So many people have this problem....rotate your store cupboard...Maybe look at buying less in order to turn your pantry foods over faster. Storage containers won't make any difference at all, the eggs come in our food. Buy from bulk foods, if you cannot turn your stores over at least twice a year.
Never fill up, a container. Wash and dry containers as you empty them .

djpablonz, May 10, 7:36pm
You are so right Pickles7, I had to throw out wholemeal flour that was 3 weeks old, stored in a new clean container- the moths/bugs were in the flour from the supermarket urgh!. I use a lot of flour as I do a lot of baking - so it's bulk bins all the way now

pickles7, May 10, 9:31pm
So many people have this problem.rotate your store cupboard.Maybe look at buying less in order to turn your pantry foods over faster. Storage containers won't make any difference at all, the eggs come in our food. Buy from bulk foods, if you cannot turn your stores over at least twice a year.
Never fill up, a container. Wash and dry containers as you empty them .

djpablonz, May 11, 7:36pm
You are so right Pickles7, I had to throw out wholemeal flour that was 3 weeks old, stored in a new clean container- the moths/bugs were in the flour from the supermarket urgh!. I use a lot of flour as I do a lot of baking - so it's bulk bins all the way now