No breadcrumbs to stuff chicken

jills3, Aug 5, 2:54am
So would it be ok to use weetbix, mixed herbs, onion and egg, would that work ok, thank you.

hd07, Aug 5, 3:06am
I can't imagine it. Do you have any bread you could make in to crumbs yourself? I'd probably try rolled oats over weetbix, or go without stuffing and just shove an onion, lemon and garlic in the cavity.

biggles45, Aug 5, 3:14am
Do you not keep bread in the freezer? If so take just a couple of slices out rather than the whole loaf, it will defrost very fast (minutes).

jills3, Aug 5, 3:16am
Thank you hd07 and biggles, yes will take bread from freezer and toast it then break up into little pieces, I think the stuffing is the best part, thanks again.

wildflower, Aug 5, 3:16am
You can use quinoa (cooked first) or I've heard of rolled oats.

lythande1, Aug 5, 3:32am
Don't toast it. just put it in the blender, add your herbs etc then stuff it. Remember it cooks again in the chook.

cgvl, Aug 5, 3:35am
I have used cooked rice with apricots and herbs. Really nice for a change.

whitehead., Aug 5, 3:38am
add an onion and mixed herbs yummy

sampa, Aug 5, 3:46am
Yep, just bung it in the blender or food processor if you have one. Might as well stick your onion in there too while you're at it and save all the chopping/tears. No need to toast first (bread that is, not onion. ;)

biggles45, Aug 5, 3:48am
This. I have never toasted bread to make stuffing. I can't imagine it toasted. Just let it defrost then make stuffing as normal.

rainrain1, Jan 21, 1:43am
Try grating it frozen, if you don't have a whizz