Cup of fresh breadcrumbs how many

jessie981, Nov 5, 3:10am
slices of bread approx please!

duckmoon, Nov 5, 3:11am
try three (that is my guess)

sarahb5, Nov 5, 3:14am
It's about 50g so how ever many slices weigh 50g.

Here's a tip - I save the crusts from each end of a loaf in the freezer.Then I have a session of turning them all into breadcrumbs in the food processor and keep them in the freezer so I can just take out what I need when I need them - makes it so much easier.

jessie981, Nov 5, 3:41am
Thanks sarah, need for tonight's Crunchy Chicken recipe, first time maker.

gardie, Nov 5, 4:23am
Is that Alison Holst's recipe!If so, its lovely.I hope you enjoy it.I never worry too much about measurements for the topping - just use whatever is about.I've also tried cutting the bread into small cubes - thats great as well - and looks good too.

jessie981, Nov 5, 4:54am
Yes, smells yummy

245sam, Nov 5, 5:04am
Alison's Cruncy Chicken recipe is aka Roast Chicken Casserole - that is the name of it in her earlier books.It is indeed a delicious way of having roast chicken without any last minute carving and.it's also a good base recipe that can be varied according to one's own needse.g.For Christmas, based on that recipe I have made a very popular turkey variation with added craisins (dried cranberries) and cranberry sauce.
It will definitely be on our Christmas menu again this year because it has been so very well received and enjoyed by all in the past - no carving required and no bones to be dealt with then either.:-))

245sam, Nov 5, 5:04am
Alison's Cruncy Chicken recipe is aka Roast Chicken Casserole - that is the name of it in her earlier books.It is indeed a delicious way of having roast chicken without any last minute carving and.it's also a good base recipe that can be varied according to one's own needse.g.For Christmas, based on that recipe I have made a very popular turkey variation with added craisins (dried cranberries) and cranberry sauce.
It will definitely be on our Christmas menu again this year because it has been so very well received and enjoyed by all in the past - no carving required and no bones to be dealt with then either, and it makes Christmas morning so much easier - no roasting a turkey, simply a matter of heating the roasting dish of pre-prepared Roast Turkey Casserole.:-))

Edited to add that in the earlier version (Roast Chicken Casserole) Alison suggests using 8-10 chicken pieces as an alternative to a whole chicken.:-))

tramore, Nov 5, 5:18am
could you post that recipe please!It sounds nice.

jessie981, Nov 5, 5:38am
Basic one i am cooking
Crunch Chicken Casserole (4 serving0
1 chicken
1 - 2 rashers bacon (I used more)
1c water
1TBSP Soy Sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Cornflour to thicken
Salt & pepper
2TBSP butter
1 finely chopped onion
1tsp dried Herbs
1c fr breadcrumbs
Place chickeb (whole or jointed) in a saucepan with bacon, water, soy sauce & garlic. Cover & simmer low heat for approx 1hr or unless flesh is tender.
Bone & place flesh in shallow dish.
Chop bacon & sprinkle over chicken
Strain liquid & thickne with cornflour, season & pour over chicken.
Melt butter & cook chopped bacon in until onion is tender but not browned.
Remove from heat & mix well wioth dried herbs & breadcrumbs.
Spread topping over cooled sauce & chicken.
Refrigerate until required (overnight if desired)
Reheat 190 until topping is crisp & sauce & chickenhave heated through - approx 30 - 40 mins
Opt - add chopped sauted mushrooms to bonedhciken & sauce mixture.

jessie981, Nov 5, 5:38am
Basic one I am cooking
Crunchy Chicken Casserole (4 serving0
1 chicken
1 - 2 rashers bacon (I used more)
1c water
1TBSP Soy Sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Cornflour to thicken
Salt & pepper
2TBSP butter
1 finely chopped onion
1tsp dried Herbs
1c fr breadcrumbs
Place chicken (whole or jointed) in a saucepan with bacon, water, soy sauce & garlic. Cover & simmer low heat for approx 1hr or until flesh is tender.
Bone & place flesh in shallow dish.
Chop bacon & sprinkle over chicken
Strain liquid & thicken with cornflour, season & pour over chicken.
Melt butter & cook chopped bacon in until onion is tender but not browned.
Remove from heat & mix well with dried herbs & breadcrumbs.
Spread topping over cooled sauce & chicken.
Refrigerate until required (overnight if desired)
Reheat 190 until topping is crisp & sauce & chickenhave heated through - approx 30 - 40 mins
Opt - add chopped sauted mushrooms to bonedchicken & sauce mixture.