Bacon and Egg Pie recipes please

Page 2 / 2
mamaa, Nov 13, 8:14pm
Another addition to just bacon eggs and onion.A small bottle of cream heated very hot but not boiled.Let cool and add to pie.Delicious although a bit fattening.

susieq9, Nov 13, 8:23pm
Made one last night for tea.Bacon, eggs, frozen peas and pastry.I put the pie on the bottom rack in oven and temp at 230C, have now cured the uncooked bottom of pie.

bootylicious5, Nov 13, 8:39pm
Yumm! I am going to include this in my menu for the week, Thank you.

eastie3, Nov 14, 12:04am
Its not a basic bacon and egg pie, which has bacon and eggs as the main ingredients. Its a mish mash of a sorts of delicious ingredients, but a pie with a can or two or smoked oysters.no way is it a basic b&e pie.

eastie3, Nov 14, 12:04am
Its not abacon and egg pie, which has bacon and eggs as the main ingredients. Its a mish mash of a sorts of delicious ingredients, but a pie with a can or two or smoked oysters.no way is it a b&e pie.

jmma, Nov 14, 12:22am
Hate to think what you would call your basic B/E pie, if you added a few more things to it LOL (o:

minfo, Nov 14, 8:42am
Cheers everyone for all these different mixes to Bacon & Egg pie.

skyedog, Nov 14, 9:02am
Sweet chilli sauce in bacon & egg pies is nice too.

schnauzer11, Nov 16, 9:06am
Timely thanks to you all!Saw this thread last night,just after I'd said I'd provide a B+E pie for son,daughter,and friends to take to the races tomorrow.They're doing a well-planned day,just far enough into their 20's to not just want to get trollied.Nice to see food considered a highlight.Most of them are cooking too.
Blardy marvellous-took your thoughts,and made the best pie ever! A small taste has had all eyes rolling in delight.Thank-you,fellow cooks.(no peas!)

janny3, Nov 16, 10:19am
I love the pies made at the Mt Wellington Bakery. They're not dry or boring because theyput in green veg such as beans, peas, asparagus and tomatoes or mixed veg & tomatoes as well as bacon & eggs.Its almost like a cross between a quiche and a B & E pie.Otherwise Annabell Langbein's is kind of smart w/ cooked sliced potatoes, soft herbs such as parsley, basil, chives or spring onion tops, choppedShe breaks whole eggs over the bacon, then also pours scrambled eggs with milk, salt & pepperover the top.Gone are those dry old offerings of yesteryear.I'm hooked http://www.annabel-langbein.com/cooking/recipes/recipe/!id=278

kiwibubbles, Nov 16, 7:54pm
Depends on what you want - a true bacon and egg pie, or a quiche with a lid! When i want bacon and egg pie - its just that, bacon and egg - thats it! Personal peeve of mine are cafes that advertise "bacon and egg" pie but it has other stuff added in - grrrr!

kuaka, Nov 16, 9:39pm
Ha, have to laugh now, 'cos I've just realised that what I've made for years and called "bacon and egg pie" is really more of a "bacon and egg tart or flan" or a "bacon and egg quiche" 'cos I rarely put a pastry lid on it.

janny3, Nov 17, 2:24am
We used to get those dried up old pies with overcooked hard eggs inside and the pies crumpled apart so were hard to eat on the run.I love B & E pie but I love quiche too.This "quiche" just doesn't have to have cheese though does it!What ever I'm hungry now!Thanks Kuaka.

jenna68, Nov 20, 12:27am
What a hoot how some people are getting really pedantic about the NAME of a pie lol, have to laugh, especially when you think of the hundreds of other recipes that have more ingredients in the dish that the name states, it's just like saying you are having Fish and chips for tea, rarely it is actually just fish and chips isn't it!.I think all these recipes are fabulous, lots of awesome, tasty adventurous ideas, thanks :)

woopooz, Nov 20, 5:25am
I buy sheets of flaky pastry & load it up with eggs & bacon - I cut up the bacon & fry it first - let it cool & add to the whole eggs in the pastry & put on the top - hey presto - its quick.
My husby, 'no like' onions or anything else added to it.

melford, Nov 20, 6:01am
I use puff pastry or short pastry. Fry bacon and onions, sprinkle 1 bsp cornfloutr over base, place whole eggs in then extra beaten eggs with 1 tbsp milk to every egg, salt and pepper, good handful mixed veges, sliced tomatoes, 1 tsp Maggi Herb stock and chopped parsley (that's the way son likes it and no top on it either)

kuaka, Nov 20, 6:21am
ah - so like me, your bacon and egg pie isn't really a pie - it's a flan in disguise!

muddyt, Nov 20, 6:39am
i just mix everything that i want in the pie ie: bacon, onion, egg, chesse, tomato: just anything you want add a little bit of milk season, salt and pepper in a bowl, line my dish with puff pastry, fill with the bacon ect and cover with pastry or up to you if you cook un covered bake until cooked

raebea, Nov 20, 10:17am
My version of atasty bacon & egg pie that I make is easy,but I use
sandwich ham instead.line the bottom of the baking tin with flakey pastry, then put a layer of sandwich ham, break in about8 eggs, I use2 knives to cut the yokes in half & spread them a bit,, sprinkle over a bit of chopped onion ,then sprinkle over a layer of gratedcheese, no pastry.
The ham is cut to fit & no waste, & less pastry has to be good for us. enjoy