Meatloaf

tarshlove, Mar 23, 5:00am
So I've done a search on here for a good meatloaf but haven't found any that I'm willing to give a go.

I am doing a meatloaf for my brother (who was killed recently) partner and almost 2 yr old. She has given me some sausage meat and mince.
Has anyone got a recipe that they have actually made and enjoyed?

gardie, Mar 23, 5:27am
Tonight we had the best meatloaf.Dice one onion and mix in with sausage meat and mince.Add 1 tablespoon each of worchestireshire and soy sauces, 1 teaspoon smoked garlic salt (plain would be fine), 2 tablespoons sauce (hikory nice but tomato OK).No egg nor breadcrumbs.Put into loaf tin and cook for about an hour at 190/200 degrees.Leaves side of tine and feels firm to the touch when cooked.Juices around the loaf in pan will be clear.

eastie3, Mar 23, 5:35am
I use good quality sausages rather than sausage meat,topside mince,addgrated carrot and onion,worcestershire sauce,a good dollop of fruit or vege chutney and a tsp of chilli flakes.

jessie981, Mar 23, 6:18am
I use this one. Guarantee it is nice. Recipe can be halved & nice cold the next day.
500gr uncooked mince
450gr sausage meat
1c fresh breadcrumbs
2 chopped onions
2tsp curry powder
1 large clove crushed garlic (opt)
seasoning
2tsp dry mustard (opt, I use this so onions don't repeat)
1 egg
Combine all in a large bowl. Gradually add 1/2c milk & 1/2c water, beat until smooth. Place in a greased roasting dish (I use a casserole dish)& shape like a loaf.
Bake 180 for 30mins.
Pour off excess fat & add BBQ sauce as follows:
1/2c water
1/4c worcester sauce
1/4c br sugar
knob butter
1/2c tomato sauce
2TBSP vinegar
1tsp instant coffee
2TBSP lemon juice
combine all ingredients in a saucepan, bring slowly to the boil,reduce heat & simmer 5 mins.
Pour over loaf & baste frequently
Contine cooking uncovered for 45 mins

tarshlove, Mar 23, 6:31am
Thanks heaps this one sounds good ill be doing this tomorrow for her.

Now to find a decent (spicy) Carrot muffin recipe with cream cheese icing nom nom

jessie981, Mar 23, 6:57am
elliehen is going to post one after. check thread where peeps is asking for carrot/orange muffins. Or check on lefthand message board.

tarshlove, Mar 23, 7:03am
Yup yup got it now the regulars on here are great.

greerg, Mar 23, 7:03am
I have the same recipe as Tarshlove and it is a really good one.My kids always liked a row of hardboiled eggs down the centre of the loaf.I do find the full teaspoon of coffee a bit much and use a little less.

jessie981, Mar 23, 7:06am
I have to omit coffee if cooking for 1 daughter as it gives her a migraine.

jeneve, Mar 23, 7:16am
i made one on the same lines as this tonight except dont use milk.yum

tarshlove, Mar 24, 5:00am
So I've done a search on here for a good meatloaf but haven't found any that I'm willing to give a go.

I am doing a meatloaf for my brother (who was killed recently) partner and almost 2 yr old. She has given me some sausage meat and mince.
Has anyone got a recipe that they have actually made and enjoyed!

gardie, Mar 24, 5:27am
Tonight we had the best meatloaf.Dice one onion and mix in with sausage meat and mince.Add 1 tablespoon each of worchestireshire and soy sauces, 1 teaspoon smoked garlic salt (plain would be fine), 2 tablespoons sauce (hikory nice but tomato OK) 1 crumbled oxo cube, 1 tbsp golden syrup.No egg nor breadcrumbs.Put into loaf tin and cook for about an hour at 190/200 degrees.Leaves side of tine and feels firm to the touch when cooked.Juices around the loaf in pan will be clear.

jessie981, Mar 24, 6:18am
I use this one. Guarantee it is nice. Recipe can be halved & nice cold the next day.
500gr uncooked mince
450gr sausage meat
1c fresh breadcrumbs
2 chopped onions
2tsp curry powder
1 large clove crushed garlic (opt)
seasoning
2tsp dry mustard (opt, I use this so onions don't repeat)
1 egg
Combine all in a large bowl. Gradually add 1/2c milk & 1/2c water, beat until smooth. Place in a greased roasting dish (I use a casserole dish)& shape like a loaf.
Bake 180 for 30mins.
Pour off excess fat & add BBQ sauce as follows:
1/2c water
1/4c worcester sauce
1/4c br sugar
knob butter
1/2c tomato sauce
2TBSP vinegar
1tsp instant coffee
2TBSP lemon juice
combine all ingredients in a saucepan, bring slowly to the boil,reduce heat & simmer 5 mins.
Pour over loaf & baste frequently
Contine cooking uncovered for 45 mins