Yummy meatloaf recipes

vixen09, Oct 26, 11:34pm
I have mince and sausage meat just am not sure what to add to it.
I normally make the one with golden syrup sauce on top but am looking for something a little different and what is nice to have with meatloaf?

Thanks in advance

jbl, Oct 26, 11:43pm
Barbecue Loaf: 500g sausage meat, 500 mince 1 onion 1 egg 1/2 c milk 1 tsp curry powder 1 beef stock salt n pepper. mix and bake for 3/4 hr then drain off fat. BBQ sauce: Melt butter 1/2oz. 2 TBS tomato sauce. 1 beef stock 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 TBsp vinegar 1 Tbsp wocester sauce 1/4 c water 1/4 c brown sugar. paste loaf few times with sauce through out cooking. cook further 3/4 hr ENJOY!

cheese-mike, Oct 27, 12:11am
This is THE BEST meatloaf recipe ever!!!

1 pack sausage meat
300-500g mince
1 or 2 onions
1/2 cup breadcrumbs or rolled oats
2tbs curry powder
1 egg
grated vegetables, I usually use 2 or 3 carrots

Mix all these ingredients together
bake at 200degrees for 1/2 hour
drain off the fat
Reduce heat to 180degrees

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
2tbs malt vinegar

mix sauce together
add sauce over meat
cook in the 180degree oven for a further hour.

Please try this recipe, it is AMAZING

vixen09, Oct 27, 12:13am
I just realized we dont have breadcrumbs how can I make these? have lots of bread

that recipe sounds good cheese-mike

cheese-mike, Oct 27, 12:23am
You can replace breadcrumbs with rolled oats
Or just put a couple of bits of bread in a food processor

245sam, Oct 27, 12:31am
If the bread is very fresh or frozen I 'stale' the bread by spreading the slices out on a clean bench, oven tray or whatever is appropriate and available, and leave them loosely covered (e.g. with paper towels) in a sunny place to dry out a little but not until the bread is completely dry and brittle -unless, of course, if I'm needing dried breadcrumbs.:-))

vixen09, Oct 27, 12:41am
ok thanks it is very fresh bread brought this morning so would the food processor work?
we dont like the taste of rolled oats.

and how many slices of bread will make half of cup of breadcrumbs?

245sam, Oct 27, 1:23am
IMO, the food processor will/should make breadcrumbs from very fresh bread but it may tend to 'lump' up and the breadcrumbs will not be fine as if the bread was allowed to stale - even an hour or two in a sunny spot will 'stale'/dry the bread out and make it easier to get nice fine breadcrumbs.The number of bread slices required for ½ cup crumbs will depend on the size and thickness of the bread slices but remember that any surplus breadcrumbs can be frozen for another time or carefully dried (e.g. in the cooling oven) - store the thoroughly dried breadcrumbs in an airtight container in a cool dry place.

I have used rolled oats in meat loaves and I doubt very much that you would even taste the rolled oats if you used them and they're such an easy alternative to breadcrumbs, especially if no stale bread is available.:-))

cheese-mike, Oct 27, 1:46am
You wouldn't know the rolled oats where in there.

I sometimes just leave them out all together, they just help bulk it out a little

wron, Jun 25, 5:18pm
"fisher" has a famous one.