St patricks day - food?

girlsrus, Mar 10, 5:58am
does any one have a recipe for an easy bread?or something else easy to prepare in advance?

Thanks!

senj, Mar 10, 6:48am
pertaters begorrah !!!

girlsrus, Mar 10, 7:59am
pmsl

fek! women! drink!

lindylambchops1, Mar 10, 8:12am
Make white bread & colour it green!To be sure!O'Really O'Riley!!

elliehen, Mar 10, 8:16am
"carriebradshaw wrote:

Soda bread recipe is-

450g wholemeal flour
175g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
450ml buttermilk(approx)

Heat oven to 200c.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.Pour in enough buttermilk to make a soft dough like consistency.
Put mixture on a board dusted with some wholemeal flour and knead lightly until smooth.
Form the dough into a circle about 11/2 inches thick and put onto a baking sheet.Put a deep cross on top of the dough with a floured knife.Bake for 40 -45 mins or until it sounds hollow on the bottom.
When cool wrap in a tea towel and that's how you keep it.Dont put in a plastic container etc."

Genuine Irish soda bread from an Irishwoman.

sarahj1, Mar 10, 9:02pm
Guinness Chocolate Cake... mmmmm this is a goodie!Made it last year and will do it again this year. It's nice and moist so will keep well. http://www.grouprecipes.com/3405/chocolate-guinness-cake.html
Soda bread is also great but doesn't keep that well - best eatenthe day it is made

mybubbarox, Mar 10, 10:23pm
hey you!!
I know it's not bread but ......
Would you like the recipe for that marble cake I made for the cake stall for you last year(OMG was it last year or the year before??!!)

Remember I made it Green & plain marble, then iced with green icing.... even made GF too.... 'member?

girlsrus, Mar 11, 1:28am
I miss you my bubbarox.xxx

girlsrus, Mar 11, 5:58am
does any one have a recipe for an easy bread!or something else easy to prepare in advance!

Thanks!

senj, Mar 11, 6:48am
pertaters begorrah !

lindylambchops1, Mar 11, 8:12am
Make white bread & colour it green!To be sure!O'Really O'Riley!

elliehen, Mar 11, 8:16am
"carriebradshaw wrote:

Soda bread recipe is-

450g wholemeal flour
175g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
450ml buttermilk(approx)

Heat oven to 200c.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.Pour in enough buttermilk to make a soft dough like consistency.
Put mixture on a board dusted with some wholemeal flour and knead lightly until smooth.
Form the dough into a circle about 11/2 inches thick and put onto a baking sheet.Put a deep cross on top of the dough with a floured knife.Bake for 40 -45 mins or until it sounds hollow on the bottom.
When cool wrap in a tea towel and that's how you keep it.Dont put in a plastic container etc."

Genuine Irish soda bread from an Irishwoman.

kinna54, Mar 11, 8:55am
The firm I used to work for always had special theme days monthly and of course Paddy's day was a top one. I remember being asked to make neeps??? (I passed that one over) and the mashed tattie thing with shredded cabbage in.
Also made peat bog muffins, green scones with kiwifruit jam and green whipped cream on top.
I still remember a dear man called "wee Johnnie" who dressed as a leprechaun, complete with his bottle of Jamesons under his arm.

elliehen, Mar 11, 9:42am
kinna54, I took my turn at being Home Room Mother when I had children at school in the USA and I had to organise a St Patrick's Day party with a green theme.There were vile green cupcakes and green icy drinks called Slush Puppies, as well as every ghastly green candy you can imagine....

sarahj1, Mar 11, 9:02pm
Guinness Chocolate Cake. mmmmm this is a goodie!Made it last year and will do it again this year. It's nice and moist so will keep well. http://www.grouprecipes.com/3405/chocolate-guinness-cake.html
Soda bread is also great but doesn't keep that well - best eatenthe day it is made

mybubbarox, Mar 11, 10:23pm
hey you!
I know it's not bread but .
Would you like the recipe for that marble cake I made for the cake stall for you last year(OMG was it last year or the year before!!)

Remember I made it Green & plain marble, then iced with green icing. even made GF too. 'member!

senj, Mar 11, 10:32pm
neeps are turnips that are mashed, and you could make a sally lun with the pertaters.

kinna54, Mar 12, 8:55am
The firm I used to work for always had special theme days monthly and of course Paddy's day was a top one. I remember being asked to make neeps! (I passed that one over) and the mashed tattie thing with shredded cabbage in.
Also made peat bog muffins, green scones with kiwifruit jam and green whipped cream on top.
I still remember a dear man called "wee Johnnie" who dressed as a leprechaun, complete with his bottle of Jamesons under his arm.

elliehen, Mar 12, 9:42am
kinna54, I took my turn at being Home Room Mother when I had children at school in the USA and I had to organise a St Patrick's Day party with a green theme.There were vile green cupcakes and green icy drinks called Slush Puppies, as well as every ghastly green candy you can imagine.