Jacket potatoes

tokokkk, Mar 9, 5:00am
How do you do yours. Just looking for new ideas. TIA.

jessie981, Mar 9, 5:08am
Go into the lefthand message board & key in jacket potatoes. Where it says date posted put anytime. Fillings etc there.

lx4000, Mar 9, 5:15am
cook in microbe then mash in inside and add where there is. Some times I add herbs and garlic along with the cheese and veggies.

kaddiew, Mar 9, 5:56am
I always cook an extra spud or two to have extra flesh so the finished jacket spuds are piled high. I scoop out the flesh but leave it in chunks instead of mashing it - then add cooked bacon, ham or salami, corn kernals, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, spring onions, wholegrain mustard, plenty of s&p, a little cheese and a dollop of corn relish or even a little milk just to stick it all together.A little cheese on top and bake @180C till heated through .

rainrain1, Mar 9, 6:17am
bake them in a hot oven instead of microwave for an hour or so, they are VG

lx4000, Mar 9, 6:23am
oh thats a point!! I microbe them to cook them. Then stuff them and heat them up in the oven to go crispy!!

Also great co;d for picnics and camping:)

jessie981, Mar 9, 7:23am
Yes. Much nicer done in oven.

mousely2, Mar 10, 1:02am
Seven Minutes in the Micy for two..Oven to slow for us..

iriegirl, Mar 10, 1:33am
lx4000, I'm a litle concerned about your microbed spuds! lol

ruby19, Mar 10, 1:34am
I too cook in microwave, then scoop out insides, pop shells into oven to while making filling,usually butter, milk s&p cheese & perhaps a little finely chopped onion, then refill potato shell & pop back into oven til cheese melts & warmed through.I also add another potato so we have lots of filling!

lx4000, Mar 10, 6:23am
oh thats a point! I microbe them to cook them. Then stuff them and heat them up in the oven to go crispy!

Also great co;d for picnics and camping:)

mousely2, Mar 11, 1:02am
Seven Minutes in the Micy for two.Oven to slow for us.

iriegirl, Mar 11, 1:33am
lx4000, I'm a litle concerned about your microbed spuds! lol