What to do with chicken drumsticks

janeenandy, Mar 6, 2:12am
was going to do a casserole,but i only have tin tomatoes,tomato paste,stir-fry veges,mushrooms,mixed herbs can i make something tasty out of that??

karenz, Mar 6, 2:29am
You could make chicken cacciatore out of that if you have onions and garlic, and olives would be a plus too if you have them.Brown the drumsticks in oil and/or butter, remove, cook the onions and garlic, lightly cook the mushrooms, put the drumsticks back in and pour over the tomatoes, season, add herbs and simmer gently until reduced.A dash of wine when you put the chicken back in is a nice addition too but not necessary.Serve over pasta or mashed potatoes or even rice if you don't have pasta. Personally i would not add the veges but you might like to to pad the meal out a bit or serve them as a side dish.

janeenandy, Mar 6, 2:54am
mmm thank you for that i might give that a go

karenz, Mar 7, 2:29am
You could make chicken cacciatore out of that if you have onions and garlic, and olives would be a plus too if you have them.Brown the drumsticks in oil and/or butter, remove, cook the onions and garlic, lightly cook the mushrooms, put the drumsticks back in and pour over the tomatoes, season, add herbs and simmer gently until reduced.A dash of wine when you put the chicken back in is a nice addition too but not necessary.Serve over pasta or mashed potatoes or even rice if you don't have pasta. Personally i would not add the veges but you might like to to pad the meal out a bit or serve them as a side dish.