crockpot apricot chicken drumsticks

crzyk8, Mar 16, 10:00pm
im slowly starting to expand my cooking horizons from lasagne and baked chicken breasts and potatoes (lol) and would like to try a simple apricot chicken recipe! one with prefarably not too many complicated/flash ingredients that i would probably not use again. my pantry at the moment has the basics like rice, tuna, pasta sauce, mixed herbs etc.

it is only me and my toddler at home, so was thinking would it be ok to freeze in portions?

and anyother healthy easy yummy recipes that you think would be fun to try would be great too! thanks!

crzyk8, Mar 16, 10:01pm
i have 1/2 a bottle of white wine too that i could add in cooking. never done that before though. .

winnie231, Mar 16, 11:55pm
Here's one I've just found on Trademecooks ...

APRICOT CHICKEN
This is so easy and was the first thing i learnt to cook in my crock pot. Put chicken pieces into crockpot pour over 11/2 teaspoons of chicken stock slice one onion into rings and separate the rings and put them into pot then get a large tin of apricot halves and pour the whole lot in then fill the tin 3/4 full of water and put that in sort of stir around. Garlic can be added if required. Put it on high for an hour then turn it to low and cook for a further 6 hours. If you like you can thicken it an hour before dishing up with a little cornflour and water. A really yummy dish. Instead of apricots you can use peaches, mandarin segments or pineapple they are all nice.
posted by birrah

winnie231, Mar 16, 11:57pm
And another ...

Apricot Chicken Casserole recipe
6-8 chicken pieces (drumsticks or thighs) 1 envelope dry onion soup mix 1 small can apricot nectar 2-3 carrots, chopped 2-4 medium potatoes, sliced Mushrooms, sliced Garlic powder - Sprinkle onion soup mix over chicken pieces. Add vegetables and mushrooms. Pour apricot nectar over all, and sprinkle garlic powder over everything. Add small amount of water to casserole and bake at 350 degrees F until done, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. posted by theeyeshaveit

winnie231, Mar 16, 11:59pm
And another ...

Apricot Chicken
1T oil, 12 chicken legs or wings tips removed, 1 red onion roughly chopped, 1 green capsicum diced, 825g apricot halves, 40g pk french onion soup mix, 425ml can of apricot nectar. Heat oil and brown the chicken a few pieces at a time until golden. Place in a 10- 12cup deep casserole dish. Cook the red onion for 3- 4 min & add to dish. Add the capsicum and apricots with the juice. Combine soup mix and nectar & pour over chicken. Cover & bake @ 180C for 50-55 minor till chicken is tender
posted by fruitluva2

Hope these help . . have a browse around the website for more.

http://trademecooks.net.nz/index. php

fruitluva2, Mar 16, 11:59pm
Sounds good winnie

winnie231, Mar 17, 12:05am
I'm having a VERY quiet day at work so passing the time on the internet ... I have a great job ;)
My Aunty used to make Apricot Chicken alot like your recipe fruitluva ... must make it myself sometime.

fruitluva2, Mar 17, 12:19am
I was wondering what you were referring to winnie, sorry as I was distracted and testing out that mirror site so the post I added was quickly edit from what I started, hope you didn't see it.

crzyk8, Nov 9, 11:15am
wicked winnie thanks so much! your a legend!