Chicken drumsticks

amarni1, Jul 19, 8:57pm
hi there helpful people:)
I have chicken drumsticks out for tea. I need some kind of casserole or marinade saucey recipe that I can serve with rice? ? It needs to be ok also for Mr almost 1 to eat. (He is pretty good at eating most dinners we have as long as not to spicy or curry etc) Am I asking to much? Any ideas. Might just have to do a seperate dinner for Mr 1:( which I hate to do, cause I am lazy !

winnie231, Jul 19, 9:12pm
This is a recipe from another cook here that you might like.
If you don't have a crockpot/slowcooker then cook it in the oven in a casserole dish at 180C for 1-11/2 hour or until the chicken is cooked.

APRICOT CHICKEN
This is so easy and was the first thing i learnt to cook in my crock pot. Put chicken pieces into crockpot pour over 11/2 teaspoons of chicken stock slice one onion into rings and separate the rings and put them into pot then get a large tin of apricot halves and pour the whole lot in then fill the tin 3/4 full of water and put that in sort of stir around. Garlic can be added if required. Put it on high for an hour then turn it to low and cook for a further 6 hours. If you like you can thicken it an hour before dishing up with a little cornflour and water. A really yummy dish. Instead of apricots you can use peaches, mandarin segments or pineapple they are all nice.
posted by birrah

amarni1, Jul 19, 10:55pm
thanks sounds perfect, will give it a go

tarshlove, Nov 14, 4:08pm
Five Spice Chicken
Good for in the crock pot or make in the morning and bake at night

Ingredients
* 2 Cloves garlic crushed
* 4 tbl Soy sauce
* 2 tb Oil
* 1/2 tsp Five spices
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 1 ts Brown Sugar or Honey
* 1/2 tsp Pepper

Preparation
1. Mince garlic then combine with remaining ingredients, blending well.
2. Put in crock pot with chicken cook for 6-8 hours on low

Note: You can add 3/4 tsp Hoisin sauce if you want.
If not using crock pot just marinate the chicken over night or for at least 8 hours before cooking.