BEETROOT.

kbateman, Mar 4, 11:58pm
Hi. Can sameone tell me if I can freeze beetroot relish. As I have run out of jars. Would like to freeze it to I get same more jars.. I would not thicking it at this time would do that before I put into jars. As it mit go watery after being in the freeze. Or am I better to cook the beetroot and just freeze that and when I take it out and then make my relish. I hope sameone can help. Thank you.

pickles7, Mar 5, 12:02am
run next door, they have three jars on the bench you can have just for the asking. I would just put in the fridge untill I got the jars. It shouldn't go off.

rainrain1, Mar 5, 2:53am
Yes just thicken as normal and freeze in an icecream container, it does not freeze solid and you can scoop out what you want and return rest to freezer

greerg, Mar 5, 7:20am
I always freeze my jars of pickles, relishes, jams, etc. as they stay tasting and looking freshly made - no shrinkage or discolouration over time.I thicken the beetroot relish normally before freezing and it is perfect.

kbateman, Mar 5, 11:58pm
Hi. Can sameone tell me if I can freeze beetroot relish. As I have run out of jars. Would like to freeze it to I get same more jars. I would not thicking it at this time would do that before I put into jars. As it mit go watery after being in the freeze. Or am I better to cook the beetroot and just freeze that and when I take it out and then make my relish. I hope sameone can help. Thank you.

pickles7, Mar 6, 12:02am
run next door, they have three jars on the bench you can have just for the asking. I would just put in the fridge untill I got the jars. It shouldn't go off.