?????CHRISTCHURCH QUAKE FUNDRAISING COOKBOOK?????

Page 6 / 7
rarogal, Mar 8, 10:09pm
Quite off topic, but I was chatting to a lady in Texas who had seen a lot of coverage of the Earthquake and said that everyone over there was full of sadness and concernfor our country and especially for Canterbury.It's nice to know that the big wide world really does care - good luck with the recipe venture!!

bedazzledjewels, Mar 8, 10:12pm
Pixiegirl - I think Kirinesha will be getting back to you with recipes. Thanks for including us.

pixiegirl, Mar 8, 10:36pm
I know what you mean rarogal - it is so nice to know that people from around the world do care.It gives you that warm fuzzy feeling.

Hi prue, got message from Kirinesha thanks.

Thanks Chrisynz - all the more the merrier.

pixiegirl, Mar 9, 12:59am
Hi tarshlove, great to see you here.Sorry for late reply but have been typing away here.So far we have about 50 recipes "donated"(fisher still getting to yours) but we desperately need more.Needs meats, crockpot, vegetables, pasta, starters and entrees, party food, cobb loaves, cheese balls, chicken, seafood, bbq, bread, jams pickles relish biscuits slices etc etc.The recipes we want are the ones that are tried and trusted, always popular, you always get people asking for the recipe or asking to make and bring along - they are the ones we need.However please be aware of copyright - they must be yours to give.

For those on facebook have a look at post #51 & 52 - you can send your recipes to me there - look for Pat and send me friend request and than you can send me recipes that way if you like - it is totally up to you.

There are so many posters on here who are always getting requests for their recipes, please come on board and give us a hand.If you have a MB friend who maybe hasn't posted on here for a while and has great recipes please give them the heads up.

This is all going for a great cause - Christchurch earthquake.

Initially thinking of selling the books for approx $15 each but we will relook at it when the time comes.The A5 size seems to be the most popular size so far.

To all those who have contributed so far - a huge thank you.So come on guys lets get some recipes posted.
Pat & Andrea (fastlanenz)

lx4000, Mar 9, 5:22am
if you see one you like with "barloo" or "lx4000" you can add them to the books with my blessing:) If I haven't added them!!

kiwigirl252, Mar 9, 6:18am
i live in brisbane,and love it but still call nz home,i used to live in kaikoura x

rarogal, Mar 9, 10:09pm
Quite off topic, but I was chatting to a lady in Texas who had seen a lot of coverage of the Earthquake and said that everyone over there was full of sadness and concernfor our country and especially for Canterbury.It's nice to know that the big wide world really does care - good luck with the recipe venture!

pixiegirl, Mar 9, 10:19pm
Hi lx4000 many thanks - think I have a couple of yours come through so far butwill go through and have a hunt and see what else I can find.I will let you know which ones so as you can confirm they are yours.

kiwigirl - Brisbane is what I call my home town (originally from NSW but moved to Brisb mid 80's and than over here but Brisbane will always be home.What part are you in.Depending on when we can get this published and out for sale I may have a way that I can get some to you.Have friends coming over who possibly can take some back to Brisbane with them and post to you from here but it will depend on when we can get this finished and out.
Which brings me to my next point - still needing more recipes please.We can get this done if we do it as a group effort - it will work but we need your help.If you have been sitting there thinking maybe I should post something, please do it now.The quicker we can get it done the quicker the money can get to where it is needed - ChCh.
Andrea (fastlanenz) is away for a couple of days and I have not started any new threads as dont want to seem as if we are hogging the MB so you can either ask me to start a thread for you if you have recipes you want to post or hop on TradeMe cooks facebook page and send me friend request and send recipes through that way.

pixiegirl, Mar 9, 10:31pm
Just bumped up the threads we had already started.

lx4000, Mar 10, 5:22am
if you see one you like with "barloo" or "lx4000" you can add them to the books with my blessing:) If I haven't added them!

pixiegirl, Mar 10, 7:53pm
Bumping up to top again

pixiegirl, Mar 10, 10:19pm
Hi lx4000 many thanks - think I have a couple of yours come through so far butwill go through and have a hunt and see what else I can find.I will let you know which ones so as you can confirm they are yours.

kiwigirl - Brisbane is what I call my home town (originally from NSW but moved to Brisb mid 80's and than over here but Brisbane will always be home.What part are you in.Depending on when we can get this published and out for sale I may have a way that I can get some to you.Have friends coming over who possibly can take some back to Brisbane with them and post to you from here but it will depend on when we can get this finished and out.
Which brings me to my next point - still needing more recipes please.We can get this done if we do it as a group effort - it will work but we need your help.If you have been sitting there thinking maybe I should post something, please do it now.The quicker we can get it done the quicker the money can get to where it is needed - ChCh.
Andrea (fastlanenz) is away for a couple of days and I have not started any new threads as dont want to seem as if we are hogging the MB so you can either ask me to start a thread for you if you have recipes you want to post or hop on TradeMe cooks facebook page and send me friend request and send recipes through that way.

pixiegirl, Mar 11, 12:31am
Hi guys, just a quick update - currently sitting at 74 "donated" recipes.We are getting there - but still need more.Keep them coming.
Thanks

greg.n.michelle, Mar 11, 12:50am
I am happy to write letters to possible sponsers and companies, Also to owners of recipes to ask permission,
You give me the list and i will write. Fasty has my email address.

pixiegirl, Mar 11, 12:52am
Hey thanks for that, Andrea is away and back today I think from memory.She will spot this message no doubt and send you an email.Many many thanks.

eternity04, Mar 11, 2:45am
Guys I think is an awesome idea. I live in Invercargill but I would love to help out where if I can. I love the idea of a cook book the opens flat as it is easier to put into a book holder. How about we get recipes from our local MP's and Mayor's, I could try Tim Shadbolt. I know the Mayor of Te Anau area also, so I can contact her. Just contact me through FaceBook on the below name as I dont want my email address out. I look forward to helping out with this great idea.

Jan McBain.

pixiegirl, Mar 11, 3:03am
Just sent you friend request Jan.
Thanks
Pat

pixiegirl, Mar 11, 4:46am
bumping up for Judy Mc

pom-pom, Mar 11, 6:33am
Here's a recipe for you - 1 small idea, 1 whole bunch offriends, an overflowing cupful of enthusiasm, a generous sprinkling of love and a pinch of caution. Mix together, spread mixture across T-M forum, watch closely and hey presto your finished product will be done to perfection. Good luck. Will definitely buy your book when it's finished!

gtcrshr, Mar 11, 8:13am
www.bookprinting.co.nz feel free to email for a quote on this we will sort out a good deal for such a good cause

pixiegirl, Mar 11, 11:19pm
Thanks for that - will be in touch.

pom-pom that is great thanks

eternity04, Mar 12, 2:45am
Guys I think is an awesome idea. I live in Invercargill but I would love to help out where if I can. I love the idea of a cook book the opens flat as it is easier to put into a book holder. How about we get recipes from our local MP's and Mayor's, I could try Tim Shadbolt. I know the Mayor of Te Anau area also, so I can contact her. Just contact me through FaceBook on the below name as I dont want my email address out. I look forward to helping out with this great idea.

Jan McBain.

vailima1, Mar 12, 6:32am
What about selling as an e book
no printing costs

pom-pom, Mar 12, 6:33am
Here's a recipe for you - 1 small idea, 1 whole bunch offriends, an overflowing cupful of enthusiasm, a generous sprinkling of love and a pinch of caution. Mix together, spread mixture across T-M forum, watch closely and hey presto your finished product will be done to perfection. Good luck. Will definitely buy your book when it's finished!

pixiegirl, Mar 13, 12:07am
In my original thread (I had a thought - can this work) I had mentioned about the eBook thinking that it would be handy for people overseas and yes would also save printing costs.This is maybe something we could look at possible where people could maybe choose which type they like - some people prefer no "paper" clutter and would prefer on computer and some prefer the good old books.

How do you know when a recipe is well loved and use?When the page in the recipe book is covered in cooking splatters!!!! - does anyone else have this problem.Mine is from when way before we had the recipe holders or protectors to shield them lol.

Currently sitting at 93 recipes without the celebrity ones - well done everyone!