Does anyone have womans weekly cookbook 2

madrose, Mar 2, 9:05pm
As my kids went to a birthday party and there was a cake there that was solid choclate on the outside with a normal cake under that the kids had to break with a hammer to obtain the cake below and they now want one for their birthday :P I would love to get the recipie if I could please

madrose, Mar 2, 9:06pm
oh apparently the recipie was in the womans weekly cookbook 2 thanks in advance

elliehen, Mar 2, 9:10pm
madrose, your TradeMe relative rosathemad, aka Mrs Cake,might know.

http://www.mrscake.co.nz/

madrose, Mar 3, 12:43am
thanks Elliehen :)

juliewn, Mar 3, 1:03am
Hi.. is that the Australian Women's Weekly Party Cakes book 2??

madrose, Mar 3, 1:34am
It could be im not sure it looks like you make a choclolat mould that is hollow and put a cake under it??? thanks

greerg, Mar 3, 7:01am
I've just gone through the AWW kids party cakes version 2 and can't find anything like this.The nearest is an Icecream cake echidna decorated with the Ice Magic chocolate sauce that sets solid when cold so could be used as you suggest.

jessie981, Mar 3, 7:52am
Are you unable to ask the 'birthday mother' for the recipe?

juliewn, Mar 4, 1:03am
Hi. is that the Australian Women's Weekly Party Cakes book 2!

madrose, Mar 4, 1:34am
It could be im not sure it looks like you make a choclolat mould that is hollow and put a cake under it! thanks

greerg, Mar 4, 7:01am
I've just gone through the AWW kids party cakes version 2 and can't find anything like this.The nearest is an Icecream cake echidna decorated with the Ice Magic chocolate sauce that sets solid when cold so could be used as you suggest.

jessie981, Mar 4, 7:52am
Are you unable to ask the 'birthday mother' for the recipe!

guest, May 17, 9:57pm
It is in the women's weekly book that also has the ice cream echidna. My book is packed in a box, but I have made it before. It is called "pinata". If I remember, you melt chocolate, line a bowl with glad wrap and pour the melted chocolate into the bowl - swirl it around and chill it to set. Bake a round cake, cut a bit of a hollow out of the top. Ice it with chocolate icing. Put a heap of those foil wrapped chocolat coins and other lollies into the hollow on the top. Turn the chocolate mould out over the top of the cake. Then melt a bit of chocolate and use it as "glue" to stick some really big smarties onto the outside of the chocolate shell. When you crack it with a hammer, you can see all the coins and treasure inside. My son had it for his 5th birthday and loved it!