HUGE Bargain Cookbook!!

Page 1 / 2
lyl_guy, May 21, 5:46am
I have to share this... Stephanie Alexander's "Kitchen Garden Companion" for $31 NZD!!And free shipping... Can't believe that deal.... compare the prices on here or in the shops!
http://www.bookdepository.com/Kitchen-Garden-Companion-Stephanie-Alexander/9781844008780

jody23, May 21, 5:54am
thanks!!and if you use coupon "may11" you get 10% off that

soden, May 21, 5:54am
I have just purchased a book from these guys ...over $25 cheaper!Great service.

lyl_guy, May 21, 5:55am
Oh no, lol, I'm too late!! Already ordered it! Wonder if I can cancel and reorder?
Meh, never mind, It was cheap enough, lol!

jody23, May 21, 5:56am
I just recieved 3 books yesterday that i bought last sunday, so much cheaper than buying inand such fast delivery from the UK

jody23, May 21, 5:57am
possibly but its only $3 something so maybe not worth the hassle and you are already saving so much on it..you could always go buy more books

lyl_guy, May 21, 6:01am
I will buy some more... I was too quick last time to notice the 10% off code!

jody23, May 21, 6:02am
they sent me an email when i signed up last time, seems you can use it on multiple orders because i used it for my last order as well

guest, May 21, 8:39am
You are aware that this is a different version - revised for the northern hemisphere, so won't be so relevant for NZ, compared to the original Australian version?

jody23, May 30, 5:58am
got my book today!! Its so big, cant wait to have a look through it

snowboard123, May 30, 6:16am
oh yes, a work mate was telling me abut this site the otehr day.

cottagerose, May 30, 6:49am
Her companion cook book is half the price of the ones being sold on trademe but I cant see where to say I want to buy in nz dollars. There seems to not be that option. Can anyone help with this plse

lyl_guy, May 30, 6:57am
You don't see it in NZD.... it just comes up in pounds, and you double it (basically) to work out the NZD.I use this calculator...
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

lyl_guy, May 30, 6:58am
I got mine today too!!!It's beautiful!

lyl_guy, May 30, 7:03am
That's a good deal too! I paid 40 pounds, but still very happy with the huge saving, lol! I've used it a lot since I bought it, only a few weeks ago.

cottagerose, May 31, 8:34am
Thanks for your help lyl_guy

griffo4, May 31, 10:30pm
Just ordered one for myself and with the $ like it is and with the discount it is really cheap, can't wait for it to arrive
Thanks for putting letting us know about this

ruby19, Jun 20, 8:19pm
Just check out amazon at the moment they also have free shipping to nz.I just purchased some reading books for my son ( which were cheaper through amazon than Book Dep), but was very tempted to grab some cook books, but resisted the urge!!!

eastie3, Jun 21, 7:16am
I went on the site when Iread lyl_guys post,intending to purchase the book.What I ended up buying was Keith Richards Life; it's like going to the supermarket for milk and buying flour instead.I also used the coupon and checking later found that the discount hadnt been applied.I emailed the BD,they corrected it straight away,were very apologetic.I have always found them good to deal with.

Now,I really must go back and buy that cookbook.

ruby19, Jun 21, 8:19pm
Just check out amazon at the moment they also have free shipping to nz.I just purchased some reading books for my son ( which were cheaper through amazon than Book Dep), but was very tempted to grab some cook books, but resisted the urge!

mothergoose4, Jun 22, 3:39am
For those of you who have already bought this book, a quick question please.

I see on the website, that this is a version for the Northern Hemisphere.I gather that's for the gardening part of the book.

Are there still lots of recipes in the book, excluding the gardening section???

jody23, Jun 22, 7:00am
i have only had a quick look through, been so busy, but from what I could tell it has each vege or fruit and then recipes using that ingredient, looked like it had quite a few recipes. its a huge book!

eastie3, Jun 22, 7:16am
I went on the site when Iread lyl_guys post,intending to purchase the book.What I ended up buying was Keith Richards Life; it's like going to the supermarket for milk and buying flour instead.I also used the coupon and checking later found that the discount hadnt been applied.I emailed the BD,they corrected it straight away,were very apologetic.I have always found them good to deal with.

Now,I really must go back and buy that cookbook.

mothergoose4, Jun 23, 3:39am
For those of you who have already bought this book, a quick question please.

I see on the website, that this is a version for the Northern Hemisphere.I gather that's for the gardening part of the book.

Are there still lots of recipes in the book, excluding the gardening section!

lyl_guy, May 21, 5:46am
I have to share this. Stephanie Alexander's "Kitchen Garden Companion" for $31 NZD!And free shipping. Can't believe that deal. compare the prices on here or in the shops!
http://www.bookdepository.com/Kitchen-Garden-Companion-Stephanie-Alexander/9781844008780