?????CHRISTCHURCH QUAKE FUNDRAISING COOKBOOK?????

Page 1 / 7
kiwigirl252, Jan 2, 7:37am
i just want to say we are rreally thinking of you over here in brisbane,take care,if i can buy some how i will as i want to help,take care x

juliewn, Feb 18, 3:38am
Bumping. thinking of you all in Canterbury. hope the book is still going to made. looking forward to buying a copy.

blackbart1, Feb 18, 10:35am
A call this Monday stand by
2 slices of bread buttered
1 slice of cheese
1 slice of meat (I use ham or lunchen)
1 egg
Put bread in Fry Pan butter side down put cheese on top to melt as it toasts
fry egg (both sides) while bread is toasting
Put together as a open sandwitch
I also put squirt of BBQ sauce on the cheese
Takes about 10 mins from start to ready to eat
sorry for spelling errors

kiwigirl252, Feb 19, 2:48am
I also hope the book is still going to happen,I would buy one over here I hot Brisbane,take care chch.

rainrain1, Feb 19, 4:31am
The very best for the book, I will be buying a couple at least.
Do remember though'Too Many Quakes Spoil the Broth'
A name for your book maybe!

creek, Feb 19, 6:44am
good old fashion cooking that is cheap would be good people are finding it tuff out there

creek, Feb 19, 6:45am
good old fashion cooking that is cheap would be good people are finding it tough out there

fastlanenz, Mar 3, 9:03pm
Hello to our TradeMe family,

we're so excited to share a fundraising project idea for the people of Christchurch, and to ask for your assistance in a small or large way to help bring the cookbook to it's most successful possible outcome.

THE OBJECTIVE
to put together a cookbook filled with recipes from the TradeMe community (with everyone's permission), we aim to produce the book at ZERO cost, aiming for 100% of the proceeds will go to a yet to be decided Christchurch organisation so that 100% of what we raise will directly impact Christchurch and assist with helping/rebuilding

WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
1.Get as many people on board as possible.Many hands make light work.Everyone has their own talents and abilities in different areas.Many TM recipe boarders will have useful contacts that they may be able to rope in to assist or ask to donate their services/product?Most importantly, we'd like this cookbook to be a group effort, bringing the TM community together in the TM spirit we share and enjoy on the boards.Ambitious? yes!Achievable?Hell, yes!

2.Offer your feedback on the cookbook concept:all ideas are valuable.Being a democratic project, we want to listen to all thoughts, and go ahead with the majority idea where we can.Another aim: to be completely open and transparent throughout the process.Feedback required so far:

* should the cookbook be A5 (eg Edmonds) size, or A4 (eg Alison Holst) size

* sell price: we are thinking of $15 per book for A5 size ... or $25 per book for A4 size?discounts for multiple purchases??

* do you prefer cookbooks that are "perfect bound" eg. Alison Holst style, or wire bound (that open flat) egEdmonds

* what recipe chapters should we include?Take a look at Pixiegirls earlier thread about this project ... and then offer feedback on other categories:eg Celebrity recipes,Camping recipes.
Please note: to include all the TM community, we are very keen to have Vegetarian, Gluten Free and Low Carb chapters

* Illustrations in the cookbook - photos of Christchurch?Before the quake, after the quake, or both? Your thoughts are welcome.

* Title for the cookbook - what's a great name for the book?

* Quotes/facts re: the earthquake, Christchurch.We want to focus on Christchurch, we don't want to glorify but to produce this book as a memorial or a little piece of history, but in a very sensitive and supportive way
.... for example, if a recipe fills 3/4 of a page, we could have a footnote on that page which could be, for example, a quote from people of interest (with permission), or a snippet of facts, sprinkled thru the book eg " xxxx number of teams arrived from Australia to assist with search and rescue" ... or "xxxx muffins were baked in the first week by xxxxxx support group"etc

* what resources, talents, services are you able to assist with?Who can you ask to help us?Which leads us to number 3: ....

fastlanenz, Mar 3, 9:07pm
3.Gather supporters:

* we need recipe contributors, we require permission from the source of each recipe.We'd love for this book to be filled with popular recipes that appear on the TM recipe board.Obviously, we don't want ANY copyright issues, and will err heavily on the side of caution to avoid any risk in this area.

* celebs: do you know of a celebrity who would like to add some extra sparkle to the book with their recipe contribution?I know John Key has contributed to other cookbooks, if we ask, the worst is they can only say no!

* photos: if we go ahead with this idea, do you know of a photographer who might have photos of prominent Chch buildings, parks, sites of interest?Kids Creations have produced cookbooks in the past with combinations of modelling photos and recipes, or scenery and recipes... this can be done!!!
(Kids Creations has a library of food photos they will share, and are happy to cook and photograph other recipes if required)

* we need assistance with typing the recipes out.Don't worry too much about spelling, just an accurate recipe in regards to ingredients, quantities, and method.

* formatting: we have a offer from Kids Creations - they will donate their time to enter recipes into a cookbook template and design cover, format photos and all the book.

* proof-reading - an offer from Kids Creations to proof - a 5 step process, and get a second proofing from their local spelling/grammar police (school principal who is also a foodie)

* paper:donation of the paper to be sourced - can you help?Kids Creations will ask their supplier, any other sources?

* printing: donation of printing to be sourced - can you help, we will ask our contacts too?

* binding: this could be part of the printing process (above) ... if not, Kids Creations will ask their supplier if they will donate the binds, Kids Creations are offering their time to bind the books for free

* freight: sending the books to salespeople around NZ .... do you have contacts with freight companies? Kids Creations will ask their supplier for free delivery to 8 or 10 cities around NZ ... any other help?

* selling the book:we require responsible contacts in each main centre to oversee the selling of the book. This is a position of trust where we would supply 20 or 50 books for the co-ordinator to sell and return monies to the fund .....eg: any retail outlets that reach lots of people, school offices, large corporate buildings ...anywhere there is lots of foot traffic!
Sales on trademe - will TM offer this with no success fees payable?Co-ordinator required

* Please let us know your thoughts on offering companies who will help with a free acknowledgement by way of advertisement or thank you in the book in return for their assistance/donation.

Alternatively, if we find a MAJOR sponsor, they might want to pay for all the production in return for advertising in the cookbook ... ???

THE NUMBERS:

Looking to produce an initial run of 2000 books, approx 200 recipes, with 150 pages.Sell for $15 each?? Initial fundraising target: $30000.Aim to be selling cookbook by mid April.Aim to sell all books by Mother's Day, and then look at reprinting again ......

The team so far is:

Pat(pixiegirl)
Andrea(fastlanenz)

and we are brimming with enthusiasm, filled with steely determination to make this a successful fundraising project for the people of Christchurch.We'd love for you to come on board too.

Feedback also welcomed on which organisation(s) on the ground in Chch should benefit from this fundraising?

As promised, we will keep this process transparent and open, via weekly progress emails to our team, and perhaps an Auckland based monthly meeting.

fastlanenz, Mar 3, 9:08pm
Please let us know how we can reach you if you are keen to join our team, in a small or big way!

Blessings to all,
Pat & Andrea

alewis, Mar 3, 9:28pm
a5 spiral bound - and a suggestion that fasty doent end up doing all the work I put my name in to help - just dont ask me for any spelling jobs!! wonderful idea,

pixiegirl, Mar 3, 10:16pm
Many thanks auckland ali - many hands will make light work!!

kiwipossum, Mar 3, 10:53pm
id say either size but i prefer my cookbooks to open flat and a category suggestion would be kid friendly meals:) will you post to aussie i dont wanna miss out?!!

cookessentials, Mar 3, 11:09pm
Brilliant Idea. Spiral bound is good..it sits nice and flat. A5 would be ok

coreblimey, Mar 3, 11:16pm
I like a5 and spiral bound so a lay flat option is so useful!Brilliant Idea.

smileeah, Mar 3, 11:42pm
Another vote for A5, spiral bound. Consider price around $12-13 for more sales.

Pre-quake photos only in my opinion.

Good on you guys!!!

ribzuba, Mar 3, 11:53pm
im more than willing to help! i currently dont have work due to the quake (chef) so am available for whatever you need!

greerg, Mar 4, 12:03am
A5 spiral bound vote here too but as well as pre-quake photos I'd like to see some that show the community effort (Student and Farmy armies, a collage of the bake sales being held all over the country,overseas volunteers, etc) and the buildings that have survived, albeit abit battered - the things that show that Christchurch will rise again.Great work Fastlenz - not really sure what I could do but will keep an idea on lists of things needed and contribute if I can.

pixiegirl, Mar 4, 12:43am
Hi guys, many thanks for the ideas - keep them coming.I was very fortunate to meet up with fastlanenz the other day to get this idea rolling - she knows her stuff that girl.Showed me some of the ones she has done in the past and I gotta say - brilliant - so professionally done - just georgeous and such a lovely person as well.This will happen - no doubt about it.

Can you all please start thinking about what is your most favourite recipe, what do you always get asked to bake or bring to gathering, what are your most requested recipes on the board.These are the ones we would like to have - the heart and soul of NZ.

I also like the A5 spiral bound ones - so user friendly.We were thinking that we would put seperate catagories in the message board for the different chapters eg "soup" - than people with soup recipes can put their recipes under that section - this way it makes it easy for the typing people as everything is in one spot.Would that work - any suggestions please.

In my original thread about this the idea was to have them sent overseas as well - esp Aussie - so that people didn't miss out.I have so many friends and family there that would only be too glad to help out by purchasing.Facebook would be a great way to get in touch with friends that are not on the message boards.

Thanks for the catagory suggestion - these are things we need to know what you want it the book.I also thought of a section/chapter on what to have on hand for a disaster - apart from EQC recommendations - the things that people who have been through this have found would of also been good to have.There is a thread on here with that information at present I think.Maybe they would be willing to share their ideas with this book.

Pictures - if anyone has any pictures of ChCh that would be relevant - please let us know if you would be willing to share.Obviously senseabilty would be needed in what photos would be chosen.

The thought is to also have "quotes" as Andrea has stated above - this could mean "Student army etc had xxxx volunteers" or anything relevant to ChCh.

Christchurch will definately rise up again - onwards and upwards.

Keep the suggestions rolling in.

pixiegirl, Mar 4, 12:47am
Also if anybody know any celebrities that would be happy to share their favourite recipe with us - that would be great.Remember we do need permission from all to use their recipes.

iriegirl, Mar 4, 1:24am
Pixiegirl I love this idea and would like to offer my help as I have alot of spare time for typing, proofreading anything! Please feel free to contact me thru my email on my profile page :)

cookessentials, Mar 4, 1:36am
So, PG...if we have some recipes to share, how would you like us to do that? through here or somewhere else. You can find me through FB if that is easier for you.

elliehen, Mar 4, 2:28am
pixiegirl, I was lukewarm in your first thread, instead suggesting that Trade Me choose the Christchurch Quake for its 'round-up' of success fees.Well, they've now done that, as of 1 March for new listings, thanks to overwhelming support:
'We have also made a change to the “seller success fee top-up” and have added the Salvation Army’s Canterbury Earthquake Relief Appeal as an option for sellers, replacing our long-term partner Forest & Bird.'Sellers, remember to tick the box.

It sounds as though you've got growing support here and a keen team assembling.Good luck!

pixiegirl, Mar 4, 2:29am
Thanks Phil - great thread - could nearly be a book in itself!!!

pixiegirl, Mar 4, 2:33am
Thanks for that ellie - much appreciated.
Glad TM on board with success fees etc - that is good news.

Pam sent FB request to you.