?????CHRISTCHURCH QUAKE FUNDRAISING COOKBOOK?????

Page 7 / 7
pixiegirl, Mar 14, 12:07am
In my original thread (I had a thought - can this work) I had mentioned about the eBook thinking that it would be handy for people overseas and yes would also save printing costs.This is maybe something we could look at possible where people could maybe choose which type they like - some people prefer no "paper" clutter and would prefer on computer and some prefer the good old books.

How do you know when a recipe is well loved and use!When the page in the recipe book is covered in cooking splatters! - does anyone else have this problem.Mine is from when way before we had the recipe holders or protectors to shield them lol.

Currently sitting at 93 recipes without the celebrity ones - well done everyone!

woolfemme, Mar 14, 4:31am
Just an idea for a title
'Great Shakes... and other recipes'

of course it would need smoothie recipes for this to work

gtcrshr, Mar 14, 8:40am
doing it as a e-book will certainly limit your market as well :)

woolfemme, Mar 15, 4:31am
Just an idea for a title
'Great Shakes. and other recipes'

of course it would need smoothie recipes for this to work

pixiegirl, Mar 16, 2:00am
Thanks guys - just bumping up to page one again.Will be back soon with another recipe total so you know how we are getting on.To all those who have offered help, many thanks we will be in touch as soon as we can.You can also contact me on the TradeMe Cooks facebook page - thanks Pat

lcscott, Mar 16, 10:29pm
how can we pre order this book cook please,fantastic idea and im in christchurch !

pixiegirl, Mar 16, 10:38pm
Hi lcscott - hope you are well inChCh.Keep an eye on this thread for when we are getting closer to selling and we will also be selling them on here as well when the time comes.

greg.n.michelle, Mar 17, 3:52am
yahhhhhhhhhhhSophie Gray DG has donated a repice to the BookandI will forward the email to fasty but thats awesome,

greg.n.michelle, Mar 17, 4:26am
Fingers crossed for others as well.

pixiegirl, Mar 17, 9:49pm
Hi guys - that is excellent news.
Just spoke to Andrea and at present she is flat out - she has your email and will send through - may be an idea to hook you up with our lady in ChCh who is co-ordinating the celebrity section and work out how has and who has not been contacted.Are you on the TradeMe Facebook page - can get hold of me that way if you like and I can give you details for her.Well done guys. Thanks Pat

sedna, Mar 19, 9:32pm
HI - I have photo's of Christchurch from 2010 - the Cathedral, Hagley Park, New Brighton Pier etc - how do I get in touch with you to discuss?I can also contribute a recipe or two.Karen

pixiegirl, Mar 19, 10:43pm
Hi Karen, do you have face book - if so you can go to the TradeMe Cooks group and send me PM through there if you like.I am Pat and have a kunekune pig as my profile pic if that helps.I had put up a link to that page before - maybe post 52 or something like that.Many thanks

burney2, Mar 19, 11:41pm
I have organised a fundraising cookbook for my kids primary school. It was a big hit, we sold out within 2 weeks. We are in process of doing another, selling for $15. We covered ourselves with the copyright issue with printing a disclaimer on the front inside page, it read: Every care has been taken to ensure the correctness of the recipes printed in this book, but as all recipes have been contributed, no responsibility can be accepted for results or any infringements of copyrights.

pixiegirl, Mar 20, 1:29am
Hi burney2 - thanks for that - will pass this info onto Andrea (fastlanenz).School fundraising books are great aren't they.All the best with the next one.Just out of curiosity how many do you do when you print them.Thanks

evorotorua, Mar 20, 5:35pm
Hi guys, I just posted on the chocolate yogurt banana cake thread in reply but I see no reason for a problem using the recipe in this way.

burney2, Mar 20, 7:10pm
Hi, we have about 260 families at school and we printed 700 copies. They were A5 and 130 pages (65 leaves). We sell the front inside cover and back cover (full colour), we give the printer the inside back cover for their own advertising so we get a good discount on the printing cost. We also sell the first page of each section (we do this in black & white to keep costs down but they still look good), so businesses can have like a business card advert and we put a recipe from them underneath ad. These cookbooks are fantastic cause no one is going to put a dud recipe in with their name next to it :)

korbo, Mar 20, 7:29pm
burney, what are the chances of being able to buy this book from your school. what school. thanks.

sedna, Mar 20, 9:32pm
HI - I have photo's of Christchurch from 2010 - the Cathedral, Hagley Park, New Brighton Pier etc - how do I get in touch with you to discuss!I can also contribute a recipe or two.Karen

pixiegirl, Mar 20, 10:27pm
many thanks for that info burney.
Erica many thanks for that will transfer over to saved recipes for book.Keep them coming guys, well done, but we still need more.The favourite recipes you make that are always a hit, people rave about them and constantly wanting your recipes for.So please keep them coming.

pixiegirl, Mar 21, 1:29am
Hi burney2 - thanks for that - will pass this info onto Andrea (fastlanenz).School fundraising books are great aren't they.All the best with the next one.Just out of curiosity how many do you do when you print them.Thanks

pixiegirl, Mar 21, 1:45am
Hi guys, quick update - currently sitting at 122 donated recipes.Well done everyone.We are getting there.

cookessentials, Mar 23, 1:12am
This is why I suggested that we PM our recipes to the girls either through their FB page or to their email address.

pixiegirl, Mar 23, 2:06am
There have been lots of recipes come through via email and facebook which has been great.The best part of it is that SOR wont have the recipes and people will have to buy the book to find out what is in there.For those who dont have facebook by all means put them on here.
Remember this recipe book is for ChCh earthquake.It will take time for them to get back on their feet and every little bit helps.
Andrea (fastlanenz) has been super busy lately with herprior engagements- very busy lady - and once she has a break in her schedule we will have better idea on how many more recipes we need etc.Currently sitting about 126 recipes, excluding the celebrity ones, and my first thought was for about 200 to make it a nice thick type book but will update more as we go along.Many thanks folks.