?????CHRISTCHURCH QUAKE FUNDRAISING COOKBOOK?????

Page 3 / 7
pixiegirl, Mar 4, 10:16pm
Many thanks auckland ali - many hands will make light work!

kiwipossum, Mar 4, 10:53pm
id say either size but i prefer my cookbooks to open flat and a category suggestion would be kid friendly meals:) will you post to aussie i dont wanna miss out!!

cookessentials, Mar 4, 11:09pm
Brilliant Idea. Spiral bound is good.it sits nice and flat. A5 would be ok

smileeah, Mar 4, 11:42pm
Another vote for A5, spiral bound. Consider price around $12-13 for more sales.

Pre-quake photos only in my opinion.

Good on you guys!

greerg, Mar 5, 12:03am
A5 spiral bound vote here too but as well as pre-quake photos I'd like to see some that show the community effort (Student and Farmy armies, a collage of the bake sales being held all over the country,overseas volunteers, etc) and the buildings that have survived, albeit abit battered - the things that show that Christchurch will rise again.Great work Fastlenz - not really sure what I could do but will keep an idea on lists of things needed and contribute if I can.

pixiegirl, Mar 5, 12:38am
Just had a little bit more of a thought (sometimes happens lol) and how would it be if we had relevant headings to each different section in the book - something with a double meaning to tie in the section with something kiwish!!My first thought was say a section on "slices" could be called "Slice of Heaven" - eg Dave Dobbyn - do you think that would be OK.Mind you am stuck now trying to think of more - would that be relevant.Your thoughts please

pixiegirl, Mar 5, 12:43am
Hi guys, many thanks for the ideas - keep them coming.I was very fortunate to meet up with fastlanenz the other day to get this idea rolling - she knows her stuff that girl.Showed me some of the ones she has done in the past and I gotta say - brilliant - so professionally done - just georgeous and such a lovely person as well.This will happen - no doubt about it.

Can you all please start thinking about what is your most favourite recipe, what do you always get asked to bake or bring to gathering, what are your most requested recipes on the board.These are the ones we would like to have - the heart and soul of NZ.

I also like the A5 spiral bound ones - so user friendly.We were thinking that we would put seperate catagories in the message board for the different chapters eg "soup" - than people with soup recipes can put their recipes under that section - this way it makes it easy for the typing people as everything is in one spot.Would that work - any suggestions please.

In my original thread about this the idea was to have them sent overseas as well - esp Aussie - so that people didn't miss out.I have so many friends and family there that would only be too glad to help out by purchasing.Facebook would be a great way to get in touch with friends that are not on the message boards.

Thanks for the catagory suggestion - these are things we need to know what you want it the book.I also thought of a section/chapter on what to have on hand for a disaster - apart from EQC recommendations - the things that people who have been through this have found would of also been good to have.There is a thread on here with that information at present I think.Maybe they would be willing to share their ideas with this book.

Pictures - if anyone has any pictures of ChCh that would be relevant - please let us know if you would be willing to share.Obviously senseabilty would be needed in what photos would be chosen.

The thought is to also have "quotes" as Andrea has stated above - this could mean "Student army etc had xxxx volunteers" or anything relevant to ChCh.

Christchurch will definately rise up again - onwards and upwards.

Keep the suggestions rolling in.

mgkj, Mar 5, 12:50am
I think this is a fantastic idea! Love the idea of the book having pre earthquake photos.
I also like my cook books to lie flat on the bench and A5 size. How about a BBQ section and maybe Kids Favourite Party Foods?
You guys are just awesome!

pixiegirl, Mar 5, 12:55am
Thank you mgkj - it seems so far the A5 book is ahead in the likes.And thank you for your suggestions - keep them coming.

mgkj, Mar 5, 12:57am
How about a section for easy recipes for kids learning to cook?! This cook book idea is a real winner! I look forward to being the proud owner of one!

pixiegirl, Mar 5, 1:18am
I am sure there will be many many proud owners of this book.

Also we will need a name for the book.My DIL suggested cover being red and black or having those colours somewhere on the front cover - flag, logo or something.I keep seeing the cover of the edmonds book with the sunrise in the background - that being red and black and the work "sure to RISE UP".Excuse the pun Edmonds!!

Also ideas on a tribute at the front of the book - any suggestions.I do like the Rise Up song - think it is Bruce Springsteen's??

cookessentials, Mar 5, 1:21am
All the more reason that if you have a great recipe for the book...get it to PG via email or her FB page, that way it cannot be stolen by SOR

cookessentials, Mar 5, 1:22am
recipes relevant the CHCH area too...like Cathedral cake!

pixiegirl, Mar 5, 1:33am
Great idea Pam - love it.

There is the TradeMe cooks group on facebook(just type it in search in FB and it should come up) - can find me there - just look for Pat - I have a pic of my kunekune pig on profile.Or people can if they like put email and we will contact you (only if you feel comfortable doing that)

cookessentials, Mar 5, 1:36am
So, PG.if we have some recipes to share, how would you like us to do that! through here or somewhere else. You can find me through FB if that is easier for you.

pixiegirl, Mar 5, 1:37am
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=405027841899
this should be the link to the facebook page (hopefully) mentioned above

lulu239, Mar 5, 1:38am
When people submit their recipes would it be helpful to write " 1 cup sugar (xxxxx grams)" ? That way, bases are covered for those who prefer to weigh ingredients.

pixiegirl, Mar 5, 1:41am
Good suggestion - not sure of that one - what do others think.Should recipe be in its "original" written form with maybe a conversion table in the book - could be useful.

elliehen, Mar 5, 1:43am
Great song, but there would be a lot of New Zealand-composed alternatives...even Dave Dobbyn's 'Loyal'.

elliehen, Mar 5, 2:28am
pixiegirl, I was lukewarm in your first thread, instead suggesting that Trade Me choose the Christchurch Quake for its 'round-up' of success fees.Well, they've now done that, as of 1 March for new listings, thanks to overwhelming support:
'We have also made a change to the “seller success fee top-up” and have added the Salvation Army’s Canterbury Earthquake Relief Appeal as an option for sellers, replacing our long-term partner Forest & Bird.'Sellers, remember to tick the box.

It sounds as though you've got growing support here and a keen team assembling.Good luck!

pixiegirl, Mar 5, 2:29am
Thanks Phil - great thread - could nearly be a book in itself!

pixiegirl, Mar 5, 2:38am
Great idea - keep them coming

lulu239, Mar 5, 3:08am
pixiegirl wrote:
Good suggestion - not sure of that one - what do others think.Should recipe be in its "original" written form with maybe a conversion table in the book - could be useful.[/quote.

I think you may be right PG

valentino, Mar 5, 3:25am
Could imagine a line at the bottom of each page. just give that more in it's meaningness perhaps and at the same time a wee light-hearted added humour.

Cheers.

barnes-55, Mar 5, 3:27am
Sections . try a "dairy free" section to go with the gluten free one.

Definitely prefer A5 size . anything larger is just too awkward on the bench, and wire bound as they tend to fall apart less.