Whats for dinner tonight

Page 1 / 2
vintagekitty, Feb 27, 10:46pm
at your house?

supercook, Feb 27, 11:32pm
Mexican mince in wraps with lettuce,tomato,carrot and cheese of course sour cream. Peach shortcake for dessert and jelly for kids

smchkn, Feb 27, 11:33pm
leftover steak and salad

tipsy_bl0nde, Feb 27, 11:59pm
something with chicken breasts... im yet to decide what yet.. maybe a pasta.
How about you vintagekitty?

fisher, Feb 28, 12:10am
Crock pot corned beef with fresh garden carrots. Some roasted beetroot...
Some Jersie Bennies just dug, halved, boiled and served with a garlic, parsley butter... Some of the Jersies were huge as we left them too long in the ground,,

vintagekitty, Feb 28, 12:11am
well, its a nice nourishing meal of "I have no idea", hence asking what others are having!

lythande1, Feb 28, 12:12am
Chicken Chasseur. With thighs.
Probably steamed spinach and mash to go with it.

vintagekitty, Feb 28, 12:13am
FISHER, how do you roast beetroot?, ive never cooked them before. Ive had baby roasted beetroot with a balsamic glaze and they were mint. The only beetroot here comes out of a can for burgers!

fisher, Feb 28, 12:15am
Tipsy, butterfly the breasts... fill with fine sliced mushrooms, spring onions and a nice cheese.. blue is good if you like it... pin together and roll in coat and cook and cook under grill to golden brown , turning when required.. Make your pasta and plate up with a cheese sauce.. slice the chicken breasts and serve over the top on each plate..

rainrain1, Feb 28, 12:16am
Annabel Langbeins slow roasted baby tomatoes to which I am going to add some orange roughy towards the end of their cooking time

ant_sonja, Feb 28, 12:18am
Mixed Salad with lots of tomatoes & cucumbers from the garden as well as crumbed fish of the Hoki variety :-) I will make a lemon & Parsley aioli or something similar to have with it and poached eggs with parmesan cheese as our chooks are still laying furiously - yum!

antoniab, Feb 28, 12:22am
Pork char siu men from the Wagamama cookbook and steamed pork sausage buns neither of which I have made before so fingers crossed they turn out ok!

fisher, Feb 28, 12:23am
Hi Vintage... I have some nice small ones coming on at the moment the size of a small apple.. Scrub the dirt off, trim the pigtail off trim the top leaving about 3 cm of the stalks and place them in a small roasting dish (skin on)...
I spray with olive oil and place in oven... When I turn them, I spray with olive oil.. drizzle a little balsamic, sprinkle of rock salt and black pepper. in that order so the condiments stick..:}A knife will tell you when they are ready and I serve them up as is..

antoniab, Feb 28, 12:23am
I just chuck them on a roasting pan with olive oil. balsamic, S&P and roast at about 180-200 until they are softish when you put a knife in them.

vintagekitty, Feb 28, 12:33am
great!, see you learn new things all the time. Will grab some at the market this week.

Approx how long will they take in the oven and should the knife go in and out easily?

rainrain1, Feb 28, 12:36am
Try adding 1Tbs brown sugar to the mixture

fisher, Feb 28, 12:38am
Yup... you'll know if they are still hard.. but you dont want them too soft either.. The knife will "drag" ... They will still cook a little more with residual heat..

sarahb5, Feb 28, 12:59am
Curried chicken salad - don't have much in the house

micky_1, Feb 28, 1:04am
crock pot hangi...I love my liquid smoke :)

dorothy_vdh, Feb 28, 2:09am
left over roast chicken with salads

dartchamp, Feb 28, 2:42am
im making a casserole with mashed potato i was wanting to make some plains scones to go with it does anyone know of a good recipe as mine never turn out :(

brendawitch, Feb 28, 2:58am
Good old sausage casserole here. Just pleased to have power on to make it.

rainrain1, Feb 28, 3:03am
I don't have a plain scone recipe, but next time you go to the grocer store buy yourself a packet of Edmonds Classic Scone Mix and try the recipes on the packet....makes a really nice scone

1ruckass1, Feb 28, 4:26am
Meatballs and pasta...

dollertree, Feb 28, 4:35am
Roti and Okra with tomato chutney...