Do I HAVE to peel the peaches for chutney??

mybubbarox, Feb 19, 11:26pm
Cos I really cant be bothered ;)
TIA

mybubbarox, Feb 19, 11:31pm
Nevermind, I found an easy way... Google was my friend ;)

I'm gonna make this! YUMM!!

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/better-homes-gardens/recipes/recipe/-/5348600/roast-peach-chutney/

onekiwigirl, Feb 19, 11:57pm
I wouldn't bother for chutney! Although that recipe for Roasted peach chutney looks great!I wonder what would happen if you roasted the peach halves with the skin on, maybe the skin can just be picked out before you place in pot to stew! I know this method of taking the skin off works but it seems a long process when they could be picked off/out later in the process.

I would and do peal the skins off peaches when I preserve them, so maybe using a simple peeler is the way to go!

mybubbarox, Feb 21, 9:44pm
Bumping for my stalker

erewhon04, Feb 21, 10:58pm
Hey mybubbarox,
Meanly, I'm waiting for you to experiment with this recipe before I have a crack.I'm really interested to hear if onekiwigirl's suggestion works.I have a ridiculous abundance of golden queen peaches, I think, with clingy stone and clingy skin.

mybubbarox, Feb 21, 11:46pm
Lol .... It's simmering as I type ;)
I got busy on the weekend & didn't have time to make it

I blanched & peeled my peaches, the stones came out easily
I dont know what sort of peaches I have, the trees were here before me ;)
They're white fleshed though

mybubbarox, Feb 19, 11:31pm
Nevermind, I found an easy way. Google was my friend ;)

I'm gonna make this! YUMM!

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/better-homes-gardens/recipes/recipe/-/5348600/roast-peach-chutney/

onekiwigirl, Feb 19, 11:57pm
I wouldn't bother for chutney! Although that recipe for Roasted peach chutney looks great!I wonder what would happen if you roasted the peach halves with the skin on, maybe the skin can just be picked out before you place in pot to stew! I know this method of taking the skin off works but it seems a long process when they could be picked off/out later in the process.

I would and do peal the skins off peaches when I preserve them, so maybe using a simple peeler is the way to go!

uli, Feb 21, 6:08am
Do I HAVE to peel the peaches for chutney!
Well no - you don't - BUT it would taste so much better if you did LOL :)

So how did it all pan out!

erewhon04, Feb 21, 10:58pm
Hey mybubbarox,
Meanly, I'm waiting for you to experiment with this recipe before I have a crack.I'm really interested to hear if onekiwigirl's suggestion works.I have a ridiculous abundance of golden queen peaches, I think, with clingy stone and clingy skin.

mybubbarox, Feb 21, 11:46pm
Lol . It's simmering as I type ;)
I got busy on the weekend & didn't have time to make it

I blanched & peeled my peaches, the stones came out easily
I dont know what sort of peaches I have, the trees were here before me ;)
They're white fleshed though