Partner bought some imported peaches

redhead21, Sep 27, 10:19pm
and they are as dry as.Do you think if I cooked them it would inject some life into them as they were expensive.Dont want to throw them out.I told him they are tasteless but of course, that fell on deaf ears and he continued with the purchase.He has eaten half of one and it looks as tho the other two will go into the bin if I cant do something to make them tasty.Grrrrrmen, most imported fruit is tasteless

cookessentials, Sep 27, 10:24pm
No, if I was you, I would take them back to where they were purchased.

donnabeth, Sep 28, 4:54am
Can they be taken back?

I have sometimes asked to taste fruit before I buy it. If it's not dry or sour then I buy a big bagful, but I've been caught out many times with good looking terrible tasting produce. Same with carrots that are all 'woody' inside.

malcovy, Sep 29, 1:50am
I agree with Cookessentials.Most of us put up with crap from the Supermarkets and we as NZers need to stand up for ourselves BUT it gets my goat that we have to waste time and money by going back to the supermarket to fix the problem.

cookessentials, Sep 29, 2:19am
Well, the goods are not fit for purpose- ie: they are inedible, so yes, you can return them, if you have your docket. If you dont, still go back and telkl them JUST how awful they are for their reference.

beaker59, Apr 24, 1:09pm
Can't remember the last time I ate a decent peach. I never buy them from fruit and veg shops anymore as I am sick of being dissapointed even NZ grown ones are garbage picked too early and ripened in the coolstore. I used to grow my own but haven't room for a peach tree here well not with out cutting down my Plum tree.