Freezing peaches & nectarines

raewyn64, Feb 10, 7:14pm
Hi
We have nectarines and peaches for sale near us for a good price.
I would like to ultimately bottle them but wondered if I could freeze them now and bottle later when the weather is a bit cooler.
Has anyone any experience in freezing these fruits?
Thanks in advance.

korbo, Feb 10, 7:23pm
i would cook them up as normal, and put iinto those disposable plastic containers. I do this a lot now, as have trouble with hands, and cannot screw the lids down tight enough. Then in the winter, just take out of frezzer at night, and heypresto, nice fruit for breakfast or whatever.
I also do my tomato soup this way too.

jag5, Feb 10, 11:35pm
Wouldn't bother bottling....boil down with your sugar if you want to add it and freeze.Easy as

joybells2, Feb 11, 2:00am
Wash and break in half and remove the stone.Then freeze in plastic bags or containers.

raewyn64, Feb 11, 4:52am
Thanks so much everyone - it seems a very simple process.
The reason I would like to bottle later is because I find if I leave fruit in the freezer I forget it is there, but in the jars above my kitchen bench I can see them all the time and use them. Also I would like to use it with cereals etc for breakfasts and having it in a jar is a lot easier to use than having to thaw it out of the freezer first.

Thanks so much once again everyone.

asue, Feb 11, 8:10am
Prepare fruit by washing,stone and cut. Sprinkle with sugar and freeze in quantities you would use. When needed just pop frozen fruit into boiling water and simmer til cooked. Super easy.

mybooks, Apr 10, 9:16am
I'm like you Raewyn - much prefer to have them in jars ready to use whenever!

I cut them in half, remove stones, place them in bags and freeze them - I don't add sugar.

The fruit will go brownish, however this disappears when cooking them.