Photos of bread made in a slow cooker

griffo4, Feb 16, 8:19pm
That looks great any chance of you posting the recipe and cooking times thanks

phy39, Feb 16, 8:39pm
i watched the thread and wasnt sure if it would work but now im off to buy some yeast thanks :)

onekiwigirl, Feb 16, 8:51pm
Good on you phy39, I though photos might help encourage you to try!Good luck!

griffo4, Feb 16, 9:24pm
Yep onkiwigirl just after posting l went and had a look and found the other thread so off to buy yeast and try it thanks

margyr, Feb 16, 9:38pm
Thanks for the photos, and reading your recipe it is definitely one I will try.

paora-tm, Feb 16, 10:03pm
You did this for a reason or just because you could? Just curious.

onekiwigirl, Feb 16, 10:40pm
I put them up because I thought those wanting to try it would like to see the photo of the bread and also because some people have great difficulty believing that one can bake bread in a slow cooker and I thought if they see the photos they be more encouraged to try it, thats all. The recipe is on an other thread!

paora-tm, Feb 16, 11:09pm
I think you misunderstood my intention and now I feel bad. I was referring to the method of baking not your putting up pictures. :)

Is the bread any different to cooking in the oven?

onekiwigirl, Feb 16, 11:22pm
Oh sorry, Good question! First response to your question is that there is no difference to oven baked. But I have not made this recipe in the conventional oven so I guess not sure. However, when one eats the bread cooked in the slowcooker one would not guess that it was not baked in a conventional oven, so this is more of a correct statement. Cheers

flo16, Feb 16, 11:30pm
Thankyou for sharing this recipe a winner in our house!!

uli, Feb 16, 11:36pm
Great! Looks like the one I used to make over an open fire in a cast iron pot.

lindylambchops1, Feb 17, 12:16am
That loaf looks beautiful!Thank you for posting the photos.I sent the recipe to my Mum too in the UK now can follow up with photo.We are both going to make it.Just got a huge bag of bread flour today.I get through it so quickly with the bread maker.It will make a nice change.My Slow Cooker is pretty old so will have to adjust the time & also doesn't have a glass lid.I guess you had grilled the top of the one in the photo?Brilliant!!!

nzhel, Feb 17, 12:21am
Thanks onekiwigirl - that looks great and definitely worth trying!

onekiwigirl, Feb 17, 12:25am
Yes, I had grilled the top of the loaf to brown it. That was done while the loaf was still hot and only takes a few mins.Good luck, I hope it all goes well.

mjhdeal, Feb 17, 6:45pm
Thanks for sharing! I am always looking for different things to do with my slow cooker. I have made casseroles, stocks, sauces, etc, and the most *amazing* puddings, but didn't know you could do bread. I am going to make your recipe today.

onekiwigirl, Feb 17, 9:59pm
I too am also always looking for new innovative slowcooker recipes as they are a bit hard to find, especially bread recipes for slowcookers!

motorbo, Feb 17, 10:11pm
that looks amazing, wish i could eat it!!! but alas i cant eat gluten