Help with Tomatoes Please

beechboro, Feb 16, 3:54am
Hi all, we are shifting begining March and have loads and loads of tomatoes ripening daily.We cant use to many at once so picking them off plants and ripening inside has been working a treat. Can I just pop straight into bags and freeze? Obviously only for cooking but just dont want to leave so many here for others to enjoy when someone else moves in....lol

oldhippy, Feb 16, 4:01am
Yep. I did that with mine last year, they resemble billiard balls tho :-)

irenedbw, Feb 16, 5:21am
I just chucked heaps into the blender along with herbs from my garden and some garlic. Blended it all up and put it into containers and into the feezer. Bol sauces Ummmm, no added colours and flavours :-)

fifie, Feb 16, 6:44am
When you move any tomatoes that are still left if they have a hint of blush colour on them pick and take with you, sit them in the sun in alarge dish or tray in a sunny spot somewhere turn every few days and you'll be surprised how they ripen and you'll get heaps more.

beechboro, 2 days, 1 hour
thanks for that.Yes have been pulling them off still greenish to ripen up quicker. I will freeze them in bag lots and then thaw out and blend at last minute and add to cooking! Seems selfish to not leave some for tenants but its all our hard work gone into gardening....lol pumpkins galore too but the so green.....:(