Damson plums

bazmarl, Feb 10, 6:27pm
Does anyone have a recipe for Damson Plum sauce please.

juliewn, Feb 11, 6:36am
Hi.. use them in place of other plums in any plum sauce.. if you type 'plum sauce' into the search function on the left of your screen, and change last 24 hours to anytime and search, a number of recipes are here.. enjoy.. their flavour is just amazing..

joybells2, Feb 11, 10:04pm
I use this one for my Damson Plums.Got it off a website, dont think it was this one.I put into plastic containers and freeze.

3kg plums, 2 onions, 3 cloves garlic, 1.5kg sugar, 6 cups malt vinegar, 2tbspns salt, 1tspn cayenne pepper, 2tspns ground cloves, 2tspns ground ginger, 2 tspns black pepper.Coarsley chop onions and crush garlic.Combine ingreds in a large saucepan an bring to the boil.Cook slowly uncovered, until the onions are soft.Rub thru a sieve or better to remove plum stones and puree in batches in a food processor.Reheat to blend and pour into hot clean bottles and seal.Makes about 4 litres.I find it easier to freeze and just take out what you want to reheat from frozen.Cheers.

joybells2, Feb 12, 2:08am
Forgot to say, it is quite a tart sauce so if you want it sweeter, maybe add some more sugar.

bazmarl, Feb 12, 8:33pm
Freezing sounds good to me do you freeze it in individual packs or bulk? as I have all these plums at the moment and not enough bottles.

joybells2, Feb 13, 2:30am
I bought some of those little plastic containers they sell in supermarket with the blue lids, might be glad brand I think and put in there.

joybells2, Feb 15, 3:24am
bumping for someone else

jodie72, Feb 15, 3:33am
thanx joybells

pickles7, Apr 20, 8:17pm
A Good hint on how to remove the stones from plums...... Cook, cool , take the stones out using your very clean hands. Then re-heating the sauce after putting it through a mouli. Bottle sauces while hot cork when cold.