Soy yogurt Help??

Page 2 / 2
lenart, Mar 21, 5:58am
I saw glucose powder in our Pak'n Save, Healtheries and King's in Sugar section.

talia, Mar 21, 8:14pm
Thanks I'll put it on the list but I think the honey worked okay. The mix wasn't as thick as I like but it wasn't runny either. Pretty good on the whole. Much better than the ones I tried to make with kefir. I'd like it a bit thicker but it tastes good so I've no complaints. I'll experiment to thicken it but so far I rate it a success!

Thanks everyone for your help

talia, Mar 22, 8:14pm
Thanks I'll put it on the list but I think the honey worked okay. The mix wasn't as thick as I like but it wasn't runny either. Pretty good on the whole. Much better than the ones I tried to make with kefir. I'd like it a bit thicker but it tastes good so I've no complaints. I'll experiment to thicken it but so far I rate it a success!

Thanks everyone for your help

elen2, Feb 3, 7:11pm
I have an easiyo and I cant fine soy mixes anywhere so does anyone know how to make soy yogurt with out them, that works!
I have been trying to make it all week and it wont thicken.
HELP!

frances1266, Feb 3, 7:41pm
I make soy yoghurt in an easiyo, it comes out nice and thick like greek yoghurt.I start if off with a good yoghurt full of the good bacteria - I use Dr Ali's yog.I put 2-3T in the easiyo and top it up with So Good soymilk, pour boiling water around the container.
Then leave it for 5-6 hours until it thickens.
I have read that by making it using a dairy yoghurt by the second batch it is dairy free.Then make subsequent batches using the previous yog as a starter.
I never have a problem making it this way.I think it important to use a good starter yoghurt and the soy milk seems to make a difference.Also keep everything sterile.
HTH

steveandkatie, Feb 5, 5:37am
This sounds great. Do you think you could use oat or rice milk!

ribzuba, Feb 5, 7:08am
i think you need a high protein to make good yoghurt.so that rules rice milk out although i think you can get chick pea enriched milk!