Pavlova Leaking?

sleyle, Jan 31, 11:12pm
Hi, the timer has just beeped for the pavlova, had a quick look and it has leaked in parts.Why would this happen?

tielfan, Jan 31, 11:24pm
Possibly the sugar wasn't mixed with the eggs long enough.How long did you beat them together and was the mixture soft as silk between your fingers?

sleyle, Jan 31, 11:28pm
I beat it for ages, like about 15-20 minutes and the mixture was thick.I used to be good at making pavs, and just recently I've had nothing but problems with them!

tielfan, Jan 31, 11:42pm
Hmm - dunno then if the mixture was good.It's always leaky sugar with me if I've rushed it.I go off the boil with things, first time it's perfect and then it slowly goes a bit wonky donkey.

Maybe chop it all up, ladel it into glasses with cream and berries and pass it off as Eaton Mess?

sleyle, Jan 31, 11:43pm
I think I will just pile it with cream and kiwifruit and hope it covers the leaky bits!Thanks for your advice :-)

korbo, Feb 1, 1:30am
x1
I made one yesterday as well, and by the time we ate last night, it had leaked, i tasted it, cos it looked like water, just tasted like sugar and water. Never had that happen before.

Type my user name on left hand side under pavlova. I put on a good recipe that others have tried.

sleyle, Mar 15, 2:19am
Thanks korbo, I found it and I will definitely try your Mum's one next :-)