The answer to the perfect pavlova

mary34, Dec 24, 8:15pm
This year I have made the Edmonds Pavlova Magic. You buy it in an egg shaped plastic recepticle and takes only 8 - 10 mins to mix and explicit oven directions and they come out just like home made ones and I would defy you to tell the difference. They are sold at New World and Countdown. I paid $4.29 each and best money spent. Am keeping some in the cupboard for emergency and better still you don't supply the eggs, only luke warm water and caster sugar. Cheers and have a good Xmas. PS: the containers are great for keeping a cut tomato or onion in the fridge. Keeps them fresh as new for days

momma1, Dec 24, 9:36pm
i once made one and NEVER again, the thing tasted like eggy farts and it was putrid. i would rather make my own and be able to eat it rather than chuck it out

dolphin9, Dec 24, 10:29pm
I tried the edmonds egg shaped plastic container pav for 1st time this month, and I'm a convert!Was an excellent pav.We give little gifts to each other for xmas at work, and I normally do xmas baking, fudge etc.But thought next time will give the the egg pav unmade with a bottle af cream and punnet of strawberrys.

pickles7, Dec 24, 11:29pm
good for you...mary34 ... I found the frozen cheese cakes were way cheaper than making them. The one I made cost three times the price of the frozen ones. It sure dose give us an acceptable option.

uli, Dec 24, 11:36pm
Wow - how contrary - "tasted like eggy farts and it was putrid" versus "I'm a convert! Was an excellent pav." ...

Now what? Shall I buy a package with colouring, flavouring and preservative or just use my hens eggs and a bit of sugar?

uli, Dec 24, 11:37pm
As long as you do not check whats in them I suppose ... LOL