? re Pavlova Roll

pats3, Jan 20, 6:41am
I have never made one before. Can I make the pavlova part tonight and then add the cream etc tomorrow night or will it not be soft/flexible enough to roll - or does it actually come out of the oven like a "normal" pavlova - sort of crunchy!!

timetable, Jan 20, 6:57am
its best to amke the whole thing at once....
beat 4 egg whites till really stiff then add 1 cup of sugar and beat well again.then add 1/4tsp baking powder, 1tsp white vinager, 1tsp van essence and 1tsp cornflour.then beat all again really well.spread the mix over wet greasproof paper that is placed on your oven tray.leave a bit of an edge all the way around the paper so that you can lift it off the tray when its ready. then bake at 100 deg cell till when touched it is not tacky.take out of the oven and quickly lift the paper off the tray and flip the pav onto another piece of greaseproof paper that has been sprinkled with iceing sugar and gently peel the paper off the back of the pav. let go cold and then spread with your filling and whipped cream.now starting from the left hand side gently lift the paper and let the pav roll in on itself till you get to the end of the paper - going left to right - and then roll back again right to left so that it is fully free on the paper and then gently roll onto your plate.cover with wipped cream and decorate.if wanting to frezze then roll onto prepared plastic lid or plate and cover with cream and then gladwrap, double bag with supermarket bags and frezze.pull out of frezzer an hour before eating and take off gladwrap and bags and let thaw.good luck and enjoy!!!!

pats3, Jan 20, 7:03am
Thank you for that. Think I better make it when I get home from work tomorrow night.

grannypam, Jan 20, 7:06am
they only take about 10 mins to cook and not that long to cool down to put the cream on..

they are even lovely to eat while frozen..

juliewn, Jan 20, 11:38am
I agree GrannyPam :-)

I sprinkle coconut across the top of the mix before putting the tray into the oven - it toasts a lovely golden colour in the short time the pav. cooks and looks lovely as it's on the outside when the pav. is rolled up...

Once it's cold, I spread with well drained crushed pineapple, then the whipped cream, before rolling up.. it's delicious :-)

greerg, Jan 20, 9:11pm
Have occasionally sliced then frozen so can just pull out a couple of slices on the rare occasions we have dessert rather than pulling out, then eating, the whole thing.

grannypam, Feb 15, 9:43am
I have spread with cream and then arranged sliced peaches before rolling up.

I actually find these pavlovas great for gatherings where there are a few people..

you can pre-slice them and everyone gets a piece..great if you have greedy gutses around..lol