Pavlova

tracey57, Dec 21, 8:29pm
How far in advance can you make your Pav? If I male mine on Fri morn will it be good for Saturday dinner? Cheers

dna187, Dec 21, 8:31pm
apparently its great to freeze,but what i want to know is what sort of container is best to put it in to freeze.

kulkkulbelle, Dec 21, 8:36pm
Hi tracey, that will be fine. Make sure it is in a very dry position(sealed large tupperware/similar until ready to decorate is all.If humid it can begin to weep.

cap, Dec 22, 2:30am
I actually like them better the next day so it will be fine.

wingee, Dec 22, 2:39am
I made the coconut mini pavs out of Anabel's book and it says you can keep them for up to a week in an air tight container, as long as stored in a cool place.Made mine yesterday for xmas day!!

kulkkulbelle, Dec 22, 3:03am
wingee - have you got the recipe for that please???

wingee, Dec 22, 6:49pm
yep sure, here goes =6 eggs at room temp, pinch salt, 1& 1/2 cups caster sugar, 2 tsp cornflour, 1 tsp white vinegar, 1 cup coarse-thread coconut, 1 tsp vanilla extract.
Preheat oven to 160c (dont use fan) line tray with baking paper.seperate eggs place whites in mixer or food processor add salt and sugar and beat for about 10min till shiny and glossy and very thick, beat in the cornflour, vinegar for a few seconds, then quickly FOLD in the coconut and vanilla (dont beat this)drop big spoonfuls on tray bake 10 min then turn down to 130deg for a further hour, until crisp to touch then turn oven off and leave to cool in oven for at least 2 hours.keep in airtight container for up to a week or freeze.....let me know how you got on.

gardie, Dec 3, 5:40pm
My pavs are in the oven now - made my usual recipe but turned it into 2 smaller pavs - we never get through much by the time all the other desserts are added.