Zuchinni and capsican pickle

caravan1, Jan 31, 4:05am
x1
Hi does anyone have a recipe for Zuchinni and capsican pickle please

tixy, Jan 31, 4:17am
x1
Hi there - I cannot get to my recipes at the mo (earthquake...) but someone may have the Pretty Pickles recipe? It is an Alison Holst one and has zukes or cukes and peppers in it.Good luck.

elliehen, Jan 31, 4:49am
'Zukes & Cukes Pickle' - great marketing name!

sumstyle, Jan 31, 7:07am
I have only recently wrestled this recipe off my aunt - it is gorgeous, but having only just read the ingredients properly, I realise it uses cucumbers not zucchini.Surely it could be an easy ingredient swap?

Christmas Pickle–Alison Holst
6 – 8 c finely diced cucumber (unpeeled, seeds discarded))
¼ c salt (plain)
2 – 3 c water (use 2 c first for soaking)
4 onions finely diced
2 – 3 red peppers finely diced
3 c sugar
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp mustard seed
2 c white vinegar
2 -3 tbsp cornflour (often need more – add less water)

Leave chopped cucumber overnight in salt and water.
Drain well and discard liquid. Rinse well and drain.
Put all ingredients except cornflour and 1 c water into large pot and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
Mix cornflour with water and thicken (take off heat).
Pour into sterilized jars and seal.

elliehen, Jan 31, 7:51am
sumstyle, I used to make almost the identical recipe using zucchini and gave small jars of it as Christmas gifts because of the red and green.It was good with crackers and cheese, or stirred through pasta.

However, my family found it to be overly sweet and I've stopped making it - they are all chilli freaks ;)

sumstyle, Jan 31, 8:03am
Mmm - the aunt didn't make it this year - thus the reason for giving up the recipe I suspect!I loved getting a jar cos it was so nice with cheese and crackers.

Anyway, this Christmas I made her some chili jam - she loves it, and it has been a nice change from the Christmas pickle.

I'm useless and growing cucumbers, but so good at the courgette raising, so I'm glad to hear you've used them in this recipe.

caravan1, Feb 1, 5:57am
Many thanks I shall try it tomorrow

moetus, Feb 2, 10:25am
hi,I am looking for Kumi kumi pickleinstead of cucumber I could use te kumi kumi instead ,Thanks maureen.

guest, Jan 11, 9:51am
Thanks guys, I just about lost it loniokg for this.

guest, Jan 13, 1:49pm
That is a great idea! I just threw out pickle juice last week. I fierugd I could do something with it but no idea came to me right away, so out it went.

guest, Jan 14, 9:59am
I know two new recipes and one is cealld Zazzeloop Soup and the ingredients are a lollipop,pizza,and tomato soup.The other recipe is cealld a Sundae Driver has the ingredients an ice cream cone,peppermints,and white rice.