cucumber pickle recipe anyone??

nicandmik, Feb 10, 10:23pm
x2
Does anyone have a recipe for pickle using cucumber? ?

245sam, Feb 10, 10:28pm
nicandmik, I was going to c&p the recipes here for you but there's too many IMO, so I suggest that you have a look and choose for yourself from the variety at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=26&t=567

Hope you find at least one recipe there that appeals to you. :-))

haulier, Feb 10, 11:38pm
x1
cucumber and pineapple pickle

4 large onions, 4 large cucumbers, 2 tablespoons salt, 1 tablespoon curry powder, 1 pint (600mls i think)of white vinegar, large tin crushed pineapple 820 grams approx, 1 pound sugar, tumeric to colour.

Peel and deseed cucumbers and cut up finely as well as the onions. put into large pot. Add pineapple including the juice. Add salt, curry powder, sugar and vinegar. Boil for 1/2 hour. thicken with plain flour and white vinegar not water. Boil another 10 minutes. Bottle while warm. Delicious.

nicandmik, Feb 11, 5:09am
Thanks for that, although I did a search on the web address above and can't find one! But I will give the cucumber and pineapple one a go.

245sam, Feb 11, 5:22am
nicandmik, did you mean that you couldn't find a cucumber pickle at all or that you couldn't find a recipe that you like?

On that link (as in #2) there are these recipes... . .

Cucumber Relish - 3 versions of
Cucumber and Pineapple Relish
Tomato and Cucumber Relish
Cucumber Chutney - 3 versions of

so there are 8 recipes there for cucumber pickles which is why I didn't c&p from there - I felt that it was best for you to choose for yourself from those that are on that link as I don't have a personal favourite from there to recommend. :-))

davidt4, Feb 11, 5:26am
This is our favourite

Bread & Butter Pickle

9 small pots

1. 4 kg peeled and sliced cucumbers
450 g brown onion, finely sliced
2 red capsicums, cored and finely sliced
40g salt
285 g white or raw sugar
40g yellow mustard seed
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp tumeric powder
½ tsp ground mace
600 ml cider or white wine vinegar

Layer veges with salt, cover and stand 2 - 3 hours. Drain, rinse in cold water and drain again. Meanwhile put rest of ingredients in a preserving pan and boil 2 min. Add drained veges and bring up to a boil, stirring frequently. As soon as it reaches a full boil pot in small jars and cover.

willman, Feb 11, 5:42am
x1
Cucumber Pickle:

3 lb cucumbers, 3 lb onions, 2lb apples, 1 dspn curry powder, 1 Tblspn Tumeric powder, 1 dspn plain salt, 1 1/2 lb sugar. 1 pint malt vinegar.

Peel cucumber, onions, apples and dice. Add other ingredients and bring to boil, lower heat and cook 1 1/2 hours. Mix 2 Tblspns Cornflour, with some vinegar and stir into CP to thicken and cook for3/5 mins. Let cool a little, bottle into jam jars and seal.

korbo, Feb 11, 8:52am
I make different cucumber pickles, but never deseed. just peel and chop up... the pineapple is our fav

korbo, Feb 13, 7:28pm
bumping for someone who posted earlier. cant remember who tho... . very tasty recipe.

jayelcee, Feb 14, 12:11am
make cucumber relish with the tomatoe relish recipe and just swap fruits.
Cut cucs night before , sprinkle with salt and drain off liquid before making relish.
Works a treat. made 10 jars friday.

nicandmik, Feb 19, 11:06pm
Thanks heaps every one, I did manage to find some on that web address. I did a cucumber and tomato one that was basic and very nice. I'm about to try the one with pineapple as it uses more cucumber which was the aim as I have to many! !

guest, Mar 17, 5:14pm
kamo kamo pickle/relish i am looking for please .Maureen.