Omega plums for sale down southland way?

weezil, Jan 31, 3:44am
x1
well central/southland area...anyone know of a place that would sell these types of plum?

greerg, Jan 31, 5:15am
It's too early for omegas here in Canterbury so probably even more so down your way.I think it's usually the end of February here.My tree didn't survive last month's storm so I've been keeping a close eye on the fruit shops too as I'm out of plum sauce.

fifie, Jan 31, 5:34am
Haven't seen a lot of fruit this way at all this year, best ive come up with is pac/save so far for apricots/nectarinesso maybe keep a eye out there Feb/March for plums.

springtime, Jan 31, 6:12am
I'm on the look out too.Used to live in Blenheim and had a supplier selling them on roadside but that was about March.From what I understand they are almost the last of the plum varieties to ripen ... but don't quote me on that.I only eat them (they are my fav plum - tart and tasty!)

weezil, Jan 31, 10:23am
my plum sauce is looking very dismal if I cant find the omega plums....just not the same using other plums but I may just have to or no sauce at all.....used to be an online fruit store up central way but can not think of its name......anyone living up that way could you have an ask around and see if any will be available to come and purchase....only need 5 kilo...

lythande1, Jan 31, 7:46pm
Emailed ya weezil.

iriegirl, Jan 31, 11:09pm
Hi weezil, don't know if this is what you're looking for but..freewayorchard.co.nz are doing online sales, may be cheaper if you know someone travelling thru to pick you up some? :)

fifie, Feb 1, 4:40am
Spent most of the afternoon looking for tomatoes to make my roasted sauce for pasta's, meatballs etc Think ive lost the plot somehow with prices as there's nothing much available i make heaps, along with relish, and dry them to. Didn't grow any this year, boy am i missing the hot house that got destroyed in the big snow. Couldn't even find a bag of onions to make my pickled onions,might have to have a rethink in the pickle dept lol...

guest, Mar 10, 5:33am
Omegas always show up late. . . I'm waiting. . .found a receipe years ago which uses sliced omegas, toasted quatered hazelnuts, demarara sugar, lemon juice and chopped mint, tossed then baked in a shortcrust pastry base.. . My mouth is watering.