Oakhill Potatoes - what's your recipe?

Page 2 / 2
jbsouthland, Jan 31, 5:18pm
Now theres another great recipewith cooked potatoes ,large pkt of Creme Chicken soup,tin of whole corn,cream,onion,bacon,cheese.-
....must hunt it out that is a great Pot luck meal always commented on.

jbsouthland, Jan 31, 5:21pm
Hows your throatnow Winnie? Weather down our wayin the Deep South I'm thinking there will be lots of lurgies about....!

crails, Jan 31, 10:16pm
Please do i'd love to try it

jbsouthland, Feb 1, 1:37am
Will hunt it out ..I remember thatI didn't know maggi soup mix came in two sizes until then when old friend gave me the recipe...Good excuse to ring and say hito her again.

winnie231, Feb 1, 1:54am
Hi jb - I'm alot better thanks.
I was browsing through an 'Anchor' cookbook earlier ... there use to be alot of these easy but tasty 'mix together & bake' kind of recipes eaten around NZ. Not sure why we left them all behind - some of them were very good.

jbsouthland, Feb 1, 2:05am
Pleased to hear winnie...rang "old" friend and she will sort out the recipe for me ...amazing how we let friendships drift away so good excuse for saying hi again.....will place on both threads when I receive it...

jtonkin, Feb 1, 3:11am
I use the one out of teh dollars and cents recipie book its great (don't know if I can actually type it out on here tho...)

donnabeth, Feb 1, 3:59am
I didn't even know it had a name. My family always called it 'potato bake' and yes it is a favourite especially on cold dark winter nights.

My friend makes a deliciously rich one for special occaisions by baking it in cream. Now that is a hit wherever she takes it.

justme27, Sep 27, 7:52pm
Bumping for jpsouthland's recipe.sounds yummmmy :)

indy95, Sep 28, 3:34am
I haven't made Oakhill Potatoes for years but it used to be a great favourite. It seems to have featured regularly on the menus of many nurses' hostels and boarding schools too.

lyl_guy, Sep 29, 4:49am
What a brilliant idea for an easy fish pie! Yum!
And oakhill potatoes, brings back memories of being a nursing student at middlemore hospital in the mid 80's - they used to serve it in the nurses' home. no wonder I put on a few kilos back then, lol!Lovely comfort food after a hard day's work.

pods, Sep 29, 6:47pm
I made cauliflower and cheese and bacon the other day and my hubby said I hadn't made him the potato dish for a long time and it is oakhill potatoes, he loves it and often used to take it for his lunch in the winter. The cauli dish reminded him of it so now I have to make it for him.